I got Shot Yesterday......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

What's your opinion of the Marlin XL7 ? I got one chambered in 30.06. Haven't hunted with it yet, but it dialed in nicely at the range shooting 180 grain. The scope is a Nikon 3x9 40mm Prostaff. Kicks like a freakin' mule, but I don't care - I wanted a lightweight, no BS hunting rifle to replace my Enfield P14 that wouldn't always go "bang" when I pulled the trigger.

Sweet, Light and Nostalgic. All good things. 180's a good all around bullet in the 06 for anything in Florida. We do have some big hogs here. Nice replacement...

I'll be testing an AR-45 ACP in the next few weeks, then looking forward to a 450 Bushmaster or 458 SOCOM. I have a .308 Scout with an LER Scope for most hunting.

An AR-45 would be a great crowd pleaser in full auto. Kinda like the Thompson.
When I read of your close call, 13, it brought back memories when I had an 1891 Anberg 8mm. I was shooting a 1" thick oil well head at about 120'. Most rds were penetrating. Right after I dropped the hammer once, I started spitting. A fragment of the rd came back, and having my upper n lower teeth about an 1/8" apart, lodged between my teeth. I felt the 'click', then the heat. The inside of by lips were blistered after. That old Mauser had two riflings left when I got it but she was accurate. I smacked a rock post at 3/8 mile in 30 mph crosswind, 1st shot. Got two army buds as witnesses. I hit a jack rabbit on the run at 200 yds. Blew his rt frt quarter. It ran around in a 20' circle three times before keeling over. Also blew a 6 lb painted turtle out of some pond water 15-20' in the air. That one was cool. Looked like a flying saucer. :biglaugh:

Back