Idea....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icepick

Reaction score
I have Walker Hole shot pipes and cans on my 92 V Max, the holes on the Hole shots are 1-3/4", I'm wondering what will happen if I put a plate over the end of the Hole shots with a 1 & 1/8" hole, I'm looking to make the sound a little more mellow, before I go out and spend major cash on some other type of slip-ons.
Thanks

I would think you would have to match the baffle to the same diameter. You can make your own baffle and end cap though and it should work.

i'll post pics. of what i have in mind as soon as the paint dries...

He makes a kit to do just that for his super comp mufflers so it's been done before. They call them DB killers.

Chris

I got a bike in last week and it had a couple of knobs on the mufflers. After looking them over they turned a butterfly inside the muffler to reduce the pipe diameter. Basically, it was a large washer with small hole in the center. When turned one direction they restricted flow and the other way it was more or less wide open.

Sean

I got a bike in last week and it had a couple of knobs on the mufflers. After looking them over they turned a butterfly inside the muffler to reduce the pipe diameter. Basically, it was a large washer with small hole in the center. When turned one direction they restricted flow and the other way it was more or less wide open.

Sean

The "lollypop" mod..........popular on Harley drag pipes.....

Sean

Sounds like the old "Snuff-R-Nots". They were around in the 60's and may still be available. Had them on TT pipes on a Honda 160 Scrambler I bought new in 1967.

Sounds like the old "Snuff-R-Nots". They were around in the 60's and may still be available. Had them on TT pipes on a Honda 160 Scrambler I bought new in 1967.

My FIL and I restored 2 68 305 Scramblers with those on the TT pipes.

This is what I'm thinking of doing, any thoughts, ideas, dirty looks...?
Performance wise, will it these rob any significant amount of power?
the Holeshots are a touch loud, they can set off car alarms!

Attachments

• FILE0091.jpg
    FILE0091.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 27
  • FILE0092.jpg
    FILE0092.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 30
  • FILE0093.jpg
    FILE0093.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 33

for a cheap fix i think it'd work. i don't think u'll get any performance hits

i run 17" mufflers you may want to ask him about (once again not cheap tho!)

There should not be any effect performance wise. I don't know how much quieter it will make it though.

Think it will change the acoustical tuning of the cans, hard telling what you will end up with for sound. Prolly no power dif tho.

You might want to do some sort of 'quickie' mock-up with light guage aluminum and hose clamps before drilling into your cans, just in case it ends up sounding more like a john deere than a v max.

Well I tried it, sounded like my friends XS 400 w/stock pipes!
only took one ride to and from work (20 miles) and they were removed!
Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid! To hell with the neighbors.

For me,
There`s not too many things that I enjoy doing than riding through a parking lot and setting off car alarms `cause some of those people set those things so they go off if a fly lands or passes by the car
I love the sound of my hole shots but I would trade them and cash for a quadzilla setup:biglaugh::biglaugh: with anyone who has one and thinks it`s toooo loud.
ANYBODY ??
<<Dave>>:punk:

The holeshots are NOT loud (unless you are comparing to stock). Try a Kerker with comp baffle.

Sean

That'll reduce the sound but you may here a bit more air moving now and you will reduce horsepower on top. Anytime you squeeze down the size you're going to reduce power. It won't be enough that you'll notice though.

Chris

Back