I'll start.... Any info on this exhaust system?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr2guru

Reaction score
Looks interesting as exhaust will be the first mod I probably do.

Attachments

• starvmax_palhegyi_custom_vmax_1.jpg
    starvmax_palhegyi_custom_vmax_1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 172
First thing I would do is shit can that whole monstrosity.

Sean

I hate that look. It almost looks like a futuristic Peterbilt Diesel Exhuast.. FUCGLY AS HELL!

I hope Brocks comes out with a shorty! Something clean and short. Even an under the tail exhaust would look good.

Big Heavy Thick Cans looks like an EPA california bike

It almost looks like a futuristic Peterbilt Diesel Exhuast.. FUCGLY AS HELL!

Its fugly alright, but Peterbilt wouldn't put something that ugly on their trucks...

... :hmmm:

well, ok. MAYBE on a 387.....:ummm:

:hmmm: they don't look that much different than stock and are probably slip ons. I'd probably wait for a full system so it would, hopefully, weigh less than the stock system. Plus aren't the stock cans titanium?

They may have titaniam covers on them but there's lots of steel under that.
Also the stock exhaust system uses exup valves that are controlled by a servo motor. These valves when open reroute the exhaust flow. This is done to maintain a good strong tourqe curve through the engine RPM range.

In pictures, the OEM exhaust looks oversized and fugly.

But when I saw it IRL on the bike, I felt it looked just fine and in fine balance with the rest of the bike.

In pictures, the OEM exhaust looks oversized and fugly.

But when I saw it IRL on the bike, I felt it looked just fine and in fine balance with the rest of the bike.

THATS JUST HOW I FEEL WHEN I STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR NAKED ! " LOL " :rofl_200:

Also the stock exhaust system uses exup valves that are controlled by a servo motor. These valves when open reroute the exhaust flow. This is done to maintain a good strong tourqe curve through the engine RPM range.

Hogwash, I had that exup on my R1 and it didn't do jack. Put on a full Akro system and removed the exup, more power and torque almost everywhere.

I KNEW that bike needed lowered! DAMN that looks bad ass!

Here I am redoing my house and getting married! lol:biglaugh:

hello iam new to this forum.Does anyone know how many exup valves this system is using.I saw a video which seemed to show 1.The valve seems to open in the midrange suggesting that it controls lower rpm richness. Cheers.

Back