Inspiring Bad Behavior

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnc1go

Reaction score
Now that riding season is in full swing, I'm starting to notice that the presence of me on a Vmax seems to cause other people on their bikes to behave in peculiar ways. Here are a couple of instances for example.

The light turns red and I stop at the line, on the other side of the intersection, waiting on the same red light is a guy on a HD. He sees me, and proceeds to stand up, squeezes his front brake lever, and performs a stationary burnout. Just about any bike can do that with no weight on the back tire, right? Big deal. When the light turned green, he took off as fast as he could as he watched me for a reaction.

A couple of weeks later, I'm turning right onto a 4 lane road, coming in behind some kid on an R6. He and I are both in the left lane, I'm behind him about 100 feet and he turns around to look at me. The next thing I know, he performs a wheelie while shifting through three gears, I must admit, I thought it was cool. Anyway, we come to the next intersection, the light is red and I take the right lane and we are side by side. He revs his engine and I just sit there at the idle. The light turns green and we go. Needless to say, it wasn't much of a contest, the only place I saw him was in my mirrors. We stopped and talked afterward, it was fun for both of us.

Looking forward to inspiring future bad behavior in others as the summer rolls on.

I've been a light with others behind me, I roll out easy, short shift 2nd, wind her up and snap the clutch sending the rear tire up in smoke!.........Bad behavior?..........Maybe........Just keeping the legend alive!!..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

I've lifted the front tire off the ground a few times, raced a couple bikes (a Triumph 1050 on the interstate and a souped up Harley goin down KMD here in town) and even had the back end sliding around a corner once.

That last one raised the pucker factor lol

I really should avoid doin that crap. one of these times, some cop will see me doin this, and he'll have me nailed. (with 100% justificatiion)

Now that riding season is in full swing, I'm starting to notice that the presence of me on a Vmax seems to cause other people on their bikes to behave in peculiar ways. Here are a couple of instances for example.

The light turns red and I stop at the line, on the other side of the intersection, waiting on the same red light is a guy on a HD. He sees me, and proceeds to stand up, squeezes his front brake lever, and performs a stationary burnout. Just about any bike can do that with no weight on the back tire, right? Big deal. When the light turned green, he took off as fast as he could as he watched me for a reaction.

A couple of weeks later, I'm turning right onto a 4 lane road, coming in behind some kid on an R6. He and I are both in the left lane, I'm behind him about 100 feet and he turns around to look at me. The next thing I know, he performs a wheelie while shifting through three gears, I must admit, I thought it was cool. Anyway, we come to the next intersection, the light is red and I take the right lane and we are side by side. He revs his engine and I just sit there at the idle. The light turns green and we go. Needless to say, it wasn't much of a contest, the only place I saw him was in my mirrors. We stopped and talked afterward, it was fun for both of us.

Looking forward to inspiring future bad behavior in others as the summer rolls on.

I'm glad you didn't waste gas on the Hardley guy. Some think they can take us on. Few can, maybe he's caught up in- The Legend
rofl_200.gif

I saw my old GSXR the other weekend with a bunch of other sportbikes going in the opposite direction so i busted a u turn and went chasing after em to ask the guy how he liked it. The look on their faces was priceless when i caught up and passed half of them to get to the dude, lol. Was even better when i left the pack in the dust and sat waiting in town at the gas station for them to catch up, lol. Damn good thing i knew the road n they obviously didn't or id have been had, lol.

Here in Los Angeles the traffic is always just absurd. There is a growing number of bikes out as commuters, and during the lunch hours they all go zipping around... I used to ride my R1 in the city, but now just use it for canyon fun. So the Max has, for the last year, been my daily city rider. I frequently get into little stoplight to stoplight challenges because even though it's busy, the lanes are pretty big in my area (BH to west hollywood, down to mid city, and back to the water.. ) But yes the sight / sound of the legendary vmax makes many sportbike riders go into fight-or-flight mode haha. I've had my fair share of fun, as long as the roads are clear up ahead- the most memorable was a squidly young gsxr 1000 rider, who looked way too short for his bike- wearing one of those stupid mowhawk helmets. he kept revving at this light that seemed to take forever to finally change, but when it did go green, I dropped the clutch and took off, and revved out first gear as the rear tire started to light up at the TOP of first , and I see this guy right next to me with the front wheel just off the ground a foot or two. Hi second gear and we're neck and neck, but I let off because the road is not clear anymore and there's traffic up ahead. Mr. squidly races off through traffic, and that's the end of our little shindig. So yes, I do find the presence of the max seems to set other riders off, usually sportsbikers. Just yesterday I cruised by a popular HD hangout (little cafe/coffee shop) and there were 6-7 of them sitting around talking to eachother... haha they ALL turn their head and look over as I just slowly cruise by.. I guess the sound must have interested them, as my bike sounds like half of a v8 muscle car/drag car (4-2-1 full headers and a very loud endcan that's close to a straight through muffler design). These bikes just seem to grab everyone's attention.

I'm glad you didn't waste gas on the Hardley guy. Some think they can take us on. Few can, maybe he's caught up in- The Legend
rofl_200.gif

The last harley guy that I raced, I went thru first, hit second, and then pulled into the left turn lane...waited....and then he went around me. :biglaugh:

y

Ha ha......I can relate to both of those stories. You are right about the burnout. Sometime around 1990 I saw a Harley full dresser do the best standing burnout I've ever seen at a bike night I was at. I never did another one since then figuring if he could do one that good on that bike......I'm not proving anything doing one on the Max.

Also.....I chased a kid on an R1 through some twisties on a road I ride regularly and when we came to a long 3/4 mile straight I went around him as we drag raced to over 140. When we came up to a stop sign he pulled up next to me and we talked. The first thing he said was "WTF is that thing"! I said it's a Yamaha just like your bike. Then he commented on how fast it was and finally said...."I'm gonna get one of those when I get older". I laughed and said "Cool.....but hey, try to keep up in the meantime". :eusa_dance: :biglaugh:

rofl_200.gif

Careful there Steve...a few of us Harley guys do have prior knowledge of Mr Max...a couple times over...:punk:

Back