" insurance "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
what type of insurance do you have & how much is it a year & in what state & is it full coverage or basic , ? When i bought my v-max , they said it used to be classified as a sport bike & the insurance used to be $1,800.00 a year , i told them i would'nt buy the bike if it was that much . He said the v-max is now listed as a cruiser , " lol ", so i made him pull up rider insurance company on the computer and prove to me it was as cheap as he said . And it is , i pay $404.00 a year , in new jersey , for full coverage ! I was just wondering what everyone else pay's . And i wonder if the new v-max is going to still be listed as a cruiser , " lol ". If not i wonder how much insurance will be on that " monster " ?

i pay like 300 a year with 250 deductibles for coll and comp. i have higher than normal coverage and MA insurance rates are screwy

For both my '92 VMax and '95 Magna, both with comp & coll ($100 ded), I pay Geico $209 a year--$126 for the Max and $83 for the Magna...I also have 2 cars insured with them, so I get a little break from that too. I live in Connecticut, and I'm 53, so that might help keep it down, since everyone knows that old farts don't speed or ride like hooligans...hehehe, right...

130.00 year full coverage in NY, Progressive. It was 80.00, I called and doubled my coverage. Thought it was to cheap :ummm:

Chris

I have a package, my Maxima, VMAX both have full coverage and on the VMAX I increased the bodily injury for passenger, and the scooter just has the lowest possible policy. All together I pay 8 something.

I'm going through Allstate. They just redused my payments and deductables (now $300) for not wrecking anything :biglaugh:. for full coverage, I was paying $37.50/mo during riding season and $10/mo during the off season. Now I pay 27.50/mo for 6 months and $7/mo for the 6 months of hybernation in the winter and spring breakup. So all and all about $207/year.

When talking with my broker about insurance costs, she was telling me that the squids and other idot riders are pushing bike insurance up with thier wonderful riding styles and the increase in the amount of wrecks.

Not to mention all the hotties at the Hood agency in North Pole :drool:

$75 a month during the riding season which covers registration and full insurance with a $700 deductible. Since our riding season here is so short (approx 6 months) I cancel mine for winter and put an insurance package policy on it which is $99 for the year and reduces the deductible to $350.
CopRunner, wasn't that your driving record posted here? How do you get insurance at all!

$75 a month during the riding season which covers registration and full insurance with a $700 deductible. Since our riding season here is so short (approx 6 months) I cancel mine for winter and put an insurance package policy on it which is $99 for the year and reduces the deductible to $350.
CopRunner, wasn't that your driving record posted here? How do you get insurance at all!
THATS FUNNY :biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh: OBVIOUSLY I PAY OUT THE ASS !:rofl_200:

Since no-one's mentioned it yet, check out the best deal:

If you, or anyone in your family, has ever been in the army, then go to USAA.COM and get yourself an account with them.

They insure your bike(s) through Progressive, but at a much better rate.
They insure your car(s) at a better rate than ANY other provider.

On top of that, their banking is second to none.

A few examples:
- they give you a better interest rate on your checking account that you're currently getting from your savings account with anyone else.
- you know how using ATMs costs you $1-3 a pop? USAA refunds that fee to your account!!
- the USAA credit card gives better deals and protection than any other I've ever found.

This year, for the '86 V-Max, the '90 Kawasaki EN450 and the '82 Honda CM200T, with both me and my wife insured on all three bikes, it was just under $500.
That's with 10k/20k PIP, 10k uninsured motorist and 10k medical coverage.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Since no-one's mentioned it yet, check out the best deal:

If you, or anyone in your family, has ever been in the army, then go to USAA.COM and get yourself an account with them.

They insure your bike(s) through Progressive, but at a much better rate.
They insure your car(s) at a better rate than ANY other provider.

On top of that, their banking is second to none.

A few examples:
- they give you a better interest rate on your checking account that you're currently getting from your savings account with anyone else.
- you know how using ATMs costs you $1-3 a pop? USAA refunds that fee to your account!!
- the USAA credit card gives better deals and protection than any other I've ever found.

This year, for the '86 V-Max, the '90 Kawasaki EN450 and the '82 Honda CM200T, with both me and my wife insured on all three bikes, it was just under $500.
That's with 10k/20k PIP, 10k uninsured motorist and 10k medical coverage.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I am a Vietnam vet. Am I eligible for this? I thought you had to be active duty or retired military to qualify.

I am a Vietnam vet. Am I eligible for this? I thought you had to be active duty or retired military to qualify.

I believe you are. Check this - I'm French (lol) so no US army here, but my wife's dad used to be in the Air Force. That was enough for us to qualify. :eusa_dance:

I have USAA insurance and bank. My Dad was an officer in the military and they had an open enrollment one time back in the '80s. I signed up back then and now have everything with them. Funny part is, I work for another insurance company.

Here in FL with GEICO I pay $80/year for 100/300 liability, and comprehensive. I don't have collision, or uninsured motorist coverage. If I added the uninsured motorist it would add $1200/year to the policy! I get discounts for multiple bikes, and being a 'mature' motorist (old). my other bike is a 77 Vespa scooter, and it costs me $55/year for the same coverages.

-MikeS

With my current Max I pay $130/year through Progressive. Once my '09 Max arrives in February I will be paying $100/year for my '90 and $400/year for the new Max. Not bad IMO.

I also use USAA: $187 a year covers me in NC and NY with the following:
PART A - LIABILITY ,BODILY INJURY
-EA PER $ 300,000
-EA ACC $ 500,000
PROPERTY DAMAGE
-EA ACC $ 100,000
PART B - MISC VEH MED PAY
-EA PER $ 50,000 25.00
PART D - DAMAGE TO YOUR AUTO
FIRE, THEFT AND CAC
-STATED AMOUNT $ 1,500 8.00
Also includes un insured/under insured protection. total policy for the bike and 4 cars is ~$2200

damdest thing was the V-Max is cheeper than the Seca Turbo 650:ummm: even the girl who helped me get it on the policy couldn't believe it.

G- You forgot to mention free online banking, free unlimited number of checking and or savings accounts, can link all electronically- to include non USAA bank accounts. :eusa_dance:

Back