Interesting comparison

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Describing a test drive on the GenI, is this not the coolest description you ever heard......

"After our first rides, we all came back mumbling to ourselves as if we'd just crawled out of a plane crash."

" We recalled the launch-and we do mean launch-of the amazing Yamaha V-Max 20 years earlier.
The V-Max was the first real power cruiser, with a monstrous 145-horsepower, V-four motor crammed into a surprisingly nimble, shaft-drive chassis. Back then, it was the most outlandishly powerful production motorcycle we'd ever seen. After our first rides, we all came back mumbling to ourselves as if we'd just crawled out of a plane crash.
The V-Max created a whole new class of machine; motorcycles that were incredibly belligerent and exceedingly fast, but not aimed at any kind of sanctioned racing. It was a street racer, designed and executed not just to transport its rider physically, but emotionally as well."

Not a math wiz____ How many times does he type 1985 and how many times does he say "20 years old"?

Here is the 2013 Jan Performance index from MCN that compares a lot of motorcycles against each other. This has the information that your looking for.

Attachments

• 2013JanPerfIndx.pdf
    317 KB · Views: 32
I have that issue. Read it many times. Although the Rocket is a nice ride, it ain't no Max. Even the new Vmax - which I love - ain't no Max compared to the Gen 1. I think to do that, first requirement is you have to have been the quickest thing available - which the '85 was. Second thing is you have to look the part. YOu can have fake scoops if you can out brawl anything else out there.

Once you have held the heavyweight title, you get respect forever. Just ask Tyson, Hollyfield, Foreman, etc… maybe not the toughest TODAY, but still capable of knocking your head off, so a lil' respect is in order. Same with the Gen 1.

The Rocket is quick, powerful, and has a lot of potential. But it never came close to the 1st Vmax in performance, and is clearly outmuscled by the Gen2.

Still got the title for largest muscle bike though!

I have that issue. Read it many times. Although the Rocket is a nice ride, it ain't no Max. Even the new Vmax - which I love - ain't no Max compared to the Gen 1. I think to do that, first requirement is you have to have been the quickest thing available - which the '85 was. Second thing is you have to look the part. YOu can have fake scoops if you can out brawl anything else out there.

Once you have held the heavyweight title, you get respect forever. Just ask Tyson, Hollyfield, Foreman, etc… maybe not the toughest TODAY, but still capable of knocking your head off, so a lil' respect is in order. Same with the Gen 1.

The Rocket is quick, powerful, and has a lot of potential. But it never came close to the 1st Vmax in performance, and is clearly outmuscled by the Gen2.

Still got the title for largest muscle bike though!
But only in '85.

"After our first rides, we all came back mumbling to ourselves as if we'd just crawled out of a plane crash."
Not me... All I could say is "where do I sign..." and I'm still riding that bike (#874) today. It was the first max in my towns dealership and I'm sure there were many others that took it for a test ride.
later, bill

I took out a buddy's Ducati MultiStrada yesterday. 1200 cc, computer controlled everything.

It was a fun ride. Got it up to 100 without trying and found it extremely capable on some twistys.

But...

All it really did was make me miss my partially disassembled VMax.

I will be talking to Sean about getting some sport bike handlebars though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took out a buddy's Ducati MultiStrada yesterday. 1200 cc, computer controlled everything.

It was a fun ride. Got it up to 100 without trying and found it extremely capable on some twistys.

But...

All it really did was make me miss my partially disassembled VMax.

I will be talking to Sean about getting some sport bike handlebars though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. A few years ago I test rode a triumph triple. It was so smooth. I had the front tire in the air with zero effort. All you had to do is think about it, and you were around the tightest corner. I wouldn't have gotten it, if they gave it to me. Those guys that had a 455, 454,440 engine with no power steering or power brakes, ripping off the line, trying to keep it straight know exactly what I'm talking about. It's a raw, primal connection, that technology can't replace.:punk::punk:

Latest posts

Back