Is 80mph Wobble a low speed or high speed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaoteay

Reaction score
When I'm switching lanes on the highway if their's any difference in the two lanes my front end wobbles a few times and then calms down. Would this be from too tight or too lose on those bolts? (I'll do the furbur fix next week - but since that's the only problem hated to mess with what was working)

I've hit 120, and had no wobble. It's just on the switching of lanes.

I second what Chris is telling you!!! Tire wear on the front can cause weird wobbles for sure. When mine went bad I noted that if I hit a bump it would wobble for a split second then stop. Checked the tire and it was scalloping badly. Fronts can wear out before the tread is down to the wear marks for sure.

It's an 06 with only a little over 3500 miles... the tire couldn't have worn out that fast could it? What tire pressure should I have in it?

Mine is a 06 and it gets it also. I do notice it more when the tires are worn. if you notice a littlr feathering or cupping on the outside edges it is getting worn. I did the Furbur washer fix and it helped but it is still there. before the fix and when the tire cupped the bars would go into a violent woble at aroung 45 mph evertime slowing down. good luck

It's an 06 with only a little over 3500 miles... the tire couldn't have worn out that fast could it? What tire pressure should I have in it?

I'd put 36 in the front. Yes the tire could be bad but I doubt it. I would suspect the head stock. Mine was bad too and then I torqued it all up and it went away. Now with radials and everything it's like a rock at 130+

I'd put 36 in the front. Yes the tire could be bad but I doubt it. I would suspect the head stock. Mine was bad too and then I torqued it all up and it went away. Now with radials and everything it's like a rock at 130+

Nice.. because compared to my SV it feels horrible at high speeds. I'll look at doing that here in a few. It doesn't wobble, but it just doesn't feel good!

I found that changing from a front tire that had a single groove down the middle as part of the tread to one that had nothing but cross cut tread got rid of all my lane change trauma...

Here in Utah we have those nasty-ass rain grooves cut in our roads that can really screw with your tracking....

My $.02

I just wanted to post an update... I did the furbur fix and it seems way more solid now! When I did the bounce test (before) it fell to the side and bounced 3-4 times..

Now the bike feels much better, the front end feels a little "light", but much better

Back