It's baaaack!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...ewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1e5af7cf22

This bike ran on ebay about six weeks age. I called the guy while the auction was running and asked a few questions, and told him I would watch it, and if it didn't sell I would call him back. Bidding ends and top bid was 3,950:ummm: I thought the miles would scare some people but not that bad. Any ways I called and offered him 5 grand if it had no issues, and he said he had to have $6'500. Anyhow, he has it back up, and I may call him again if reserve isn't met. What's everyones opinion on this bike? To me, with the year and miles, $5,500 would be tops. Your thoughts:confused2:

Bike looks nice. I am not sure about the price but did you notice it is only running a single disk up front.

Single disk with a 4 pot caliper does not seem like enough to bring the mass of the VMax to a stop quickly if needed.

I see two issues I don't like with it. #1 the clutch cable is a few inches short or something because it isn't installed correctly. #2 he got rid of the right brake rotor to put on the wheel and the wheel doesn't offer a spot to put it back on. This bike needs dual rotors IMO. It's heavy as hell and doesn't have the best brakes with the two.

5500 is the most I'd go. IMO that's too much. What's it got? A set of wheels, a seat, and exhaust? WTF? Doesn't seem like it's worth as much as he thinks it should be.

Getting rid of the rotor is a HUGE issue with me.

Chris

The brake was my first question, and he said he wanted to show off the wheel. At on 35 mph last summer I locked both fron and rear to keep from hitting a pickup that turned in front of me, so the setup on this bike probably would have had a different outcome! The clutch thing I can't see Chris, what picture do you see that in? That aside, he has added small changes such as blinkers, tailite, drag bars, and he had the can chromed. I see the side panels are chromed, but can't tell on the scoops? All included, I still think 5 grand would be a decent buy.:confused2:

The brake was my first question, and he said he wanted to show off the wheel. At on 35 mph last summer I locked both fron and rear to keep from hitting a pickup that turned in front of me, so the setup on this bike probably would have had a different outcome! The clutch thing I can't see Chris, what picture do you see that in? That aside, he has added small changes such as blinkers, tailite, drag bars, and he had the can chromed. I see the side panels are chromed, but can't tell on the scoops? All included, I still think 5 grand would be a decent buy.:confused2:

5 to 5500 but NOT 6500 IMO.

It's still got stock rear shocks and the front fender could be dropped a bit IMO.

You can get the cans chrome from Kerker so my guess is that's what he did.

It doesn't matter if you can lock the brakes. FADE is what kills you! With that setup you'd notice it a lot faster than on a stock setup.

It's a DAMN clean looking bike but not worth 6500 IMO.

Chris

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-18 at 2.59.13 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-03-18 at 2.59.13 PM.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 33
The scoops and side covers look polished, not chrome. The miles really aren't that bad, as long as the bike was well maintained. The clutch line that is way too short makes me think that the person doesn't care about the bike that much. If they did they would have corrected that very obvious flaw. Several on this site have 60,000+ miles on their V-Maxes. The only thing I really see going for it are the wheels, but as with others I wouldn't want to run the bike with only one brake in front. Brakes are poor enough when there are two calipers up front doing the stopping.

I would never pay a dime over 5 for this bike. Found a stock 98 with 3700 miles for $4,500 obo. Better to get that and aftermarket it,:ummm::ummm: but hoping to buy one done. The custom bikes DO NOT BRING MORE THAN STOCK!! I don't understand it, but they don't.

Well, the last time the bike auctioned it ran up to $3,950, this time it made it to 4 grand even. Neither time was reserve met. I haven't called him yet, due to the fact that he has it in his mind that it's worth $6'500.
After watching ebay hard for six months, it seems to me that any max with over say 20,000 miles, seems to go cheap. It seems that miles hurt the selling price way more than the age of the bike. Anyone else noticed this?:ummm:

well that and people dont know what their maxes are worth.

i looked and looked for months. literally months.

i found 85s with 30k miles and a second gear issue a little rust here and there and the people still want 4 grand... FIRM lol its ridiculous

vmaxes 1985 to 2004 go for 4 to 5k. regardless of mods or miles, unless... theyre extra special. i mean completely chromed, with a supercharger.

05, 06, and 07s are going for 6 to 7k regardless of mileage

if u find a max for 3k, it needs 1k in work.

if u find a max for 2k dont even bother, because its a piece of $hit

The custom bikes DO NOT BRING MORE THAN STOCK!! I don't understand it, but they don't.

The reason that customs do not bring in much more than a stocker is personal taste and vision. I currently have somewhere to the north of $40k in Toxic and there is no way I could reasonably expect much more than say $16-18k if I went to sell it. Even at that loss I would have to sell it to someone who shares my vision for the bike and appreciates what has been done to it making the market quite small. As a matter of fact I could part out the bike and make almost double the $16k figure. The whole is never worth the sum of its parts. Besides I have modified Toxic for me to ride and enjoy, not to sell, that is why I don't mind spending the money I have spent so far.

The reason that customs do not bring in much more than a stocker is personal taste and vision. I currently have somewhere to the north of $40k in Toxic and there is no way I could reasonably expect much more than say $16-18k if I went to sell it. Even at that loss I would have to sell it to someone who shares my vision for the bike and appreciates what has been done to it making the market quite small. As a matter of fact I could part out the bike and make almost double the $16k figure. The whole is never worth the sum of its parts. Besides I have modified Toxic for me to ride and enjoy, not to sell, that is why I don't mind spending the money I have spent so far.

This is where I stand as well. If I do get rid of it, I don't plan on it for a while. Of course with kids, plans change but all my toys are paid for so I don't think that'll happen.

Just have to get the new Sofa and TV paid for... lol :biglaugh:

Got this one for $5200.00 delivered from Southern Florida to Columbia SC. It had 1675 miles. So if you look around and take your time their are some nice Vmaxes out their.

Attachments

• P1010997.jpg
    P1010997.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 21
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...ewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1e5af7cf22

This bike ran on ebay about six weeks age. I called the guy while the auction was running and asked a few questions, and told him I would watch it, and if it didn't sell I would call him back. Bidding ends and top bid was 3,950:ummm: I thought the miles would scare some people but not that bad. Any ways I called and offered him 5 grand if it had no issues, and he said he had to have $6'500. Anyhow, he has it back up, and I may call him again if reserve isn't met. What's everyones opinion on this bike? To me, with the year and miles, $5,500 would be tops. Your thoughts:confused2:

MICHIGAN CL

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1995 Yamaha V-max Mint condition - $4500 (romeo)

Date: 2010-03-22, 7:51PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is one of my pride and joys, it is in mint condition and is totally stock it runs perfect , needs nothing and has 11,300 miles . The tires and battery are new as of last year. Let me know if you have any questions. 586-752-4238 greg This bike has a 1200cc V4 with shaft drive and has seen published times of 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and close to 10 second flat quarter mile runs. This bike is in outstanding condition and has been well maintained, it needs nothing but an good rider. I also own a 2003 V-max and a 2008 Bking, wife says somethings got to go, I think I'm gonna hate to see my wife go, but I love my bikes. The price shown has already been dropped twice and is $4500 firm. The only way I will take a lower price is if you don't want the backrest, as I have another vmax I can put it on, then I will drop the price to $4400. 586-752-4238

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nf3p33l75O15X55R6a3m72a94792d899123d.jpg
3m23o83p35Z65W25X6a3mcb86bdb52f5012db.jpg
3oa3p53l15Y25V15U2a3md6c10a61777c14b6.jpg
3nb3pb3oe5Y15O55Q4a3m695d8b214de419a7.jpg

PostingID: 1656577099

I have watched e-bay almost every day for at least six months, and can't remember any max with 30'000 miles or more crack the $4,000 mark no matter how clean. Just an observation.:confused2:

What's wrong with the one 2fear posted up? Too far away? It looks like it's worth it to me!

Chris

It's a good price for the bike Chris, and it's around 500 miles. I could have it shipped for not much more than it would cost me in gas, so distance is not an issue. I am going to call him on my way home.

What's wrong with the one 2fear posted up? Too far away? It looks like it's worth it to me!

Chris
It sounds like a nice bike to me also, I have been looking for about 3 weeks myself for another Vmax. Not a fan of Ebay for motorcycles unless it is close enough to go look at it first. I first found that one on CL and it caught my eye, but I'm looking for one a little newer. I have a couple on the line, just checking all my options first it's early.... As far as what Mattness said, I have seen close to the same thing on 2000's and up. Not really looking at anything below that. I'm starting to take a shine to the 2005's myself..... Good luck.

1993 for $3200 on Craigs list Attleboro MA, 36,000 on the clock. Might be worth checking out. The economy sucks so bad there I'd bet you could make an offer. Has a phone number.
Steve-o

Theemax, i see 2006's go for 6000$ all the time could probably talk that down if you let it sit on craigslist for a week or 2. if your looking for a deal do not get too anxious. pm sent

i got my 03 off of sean morley for 4k
i added a backrest 450
shift light 140
crash bars 150
chromes 170
paintjob i got a crazy deal on 200
K&N air filter 60
maintenance (tires, oil, etc) 300

1470ish ive spent just in add ons

if i were to sell it
id post it up for 4500, let them talk me down to 4300. then sell all the parts lol
theres no way id let someone roll off with that many add ons for basically free

im guessing a lot of people have this same idea because vmax parts are abundant

if someone showed up with an honest 5500 cash id let it roll out

Back