It's official! I'm a dumbass

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty, glad you found your problem. Another thing to check is the needle spacer with the small nipple. Make sure it's seated in the hole, otherwise you're rich.

maleko89 said:
Rusty, glad you found your problem. Another thing to check is the needle spacer with the small nipple. Make sure it's seated in the hole, otherwise you're rich.

That's a good tip/pointer for anyone separating the needle/slide assembly.
I noticed that little detail the first time I had the slides out to shim the needles when I opened the exhaust up.

maleko89 said:
Is that all I have to do? Shit so you mean I've been working my ass off for meager pay for nothing?

Hey I am getting ready to rebuild my carbs on my 94 max, stage 7, 4-2 UFO exhaust. Ive never done a vmax b4 and only done my old ninja 900 once. I am wondering what parts should I replace and where to get em. should I replace the rubber diaphram etc... where do I get the stage 7 jets? Ive only had this bike 3 months not sure what has been done to it. right now when I blip the throttle it dies out bad. only runs well if the choke is on. when its full throttle it goes but kinda misses and sputters. any info id appreciate.

Stage 7 jets are the same as stock. Use Mikuni or Dynajet. Replace the rubber boots if they're cracking. Check your vacuum slides too, especially the diaphragms.

thx mark. appreciate the heads up. been asking in different places about it just to get a feel on how hard it is and whats involved. I am gonna try to take it to sean morleys shop after new years and hopefully have him set me up with a tune. starting to piss me off with the way its running. obviously a clogged carb or bad vacum leak or...... well maybe not so obvious. LOL

Back