Joe Legal Vs. Jose Illegal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollie

Reaction score
If asked about illegal immigration , try using this comparison.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal." Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table."

Ready? Now pay attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax;
Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year.
Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year.
Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare.
Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy.
Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance.
Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.
Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.
Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.
Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program.
Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Please do not vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens.

Interesting and would be awful if true......completely wrong though. Illegals cannot collect ANY of the benefits that are mentioned. :ummm:

Interesting and would be awful if true......completely wrong though. Illegals cannot collect ANY of the benefits that are mentioned. :ummm:

I have picked up people (ambulance wise) these people were seen and treated in the local ER. When asked where did they want to bill sent to (because there was no insurance), they gave a Mexican address.

So....they received medical treatment, and I would bet my 07 Vmax that there was no intention of paying their bill.

So, what you are saying is, construction companies shouldn't pay people under the table.

I have picked up people (ambulance wise) these people were seen and treated in the local ER. When asked where did they want to bill sent to (because there was no insurance), they gave a Mexican address.

So....they received medical treatment, and I would bet my 07 Vmax that there was no intention of paying their bill.

That's very common......probably hundreds of thousands treated at hospitals every year without paying. More poor Americans citizens than illegals though I would guess.

California tax payers are doling out big bucks for all these people on welfare & it's only gonna get worse. They get free health care every time they visit are ER's. Some hospital's have had to close because of this. Are borders are not secure & never will be as long as the big'O is in office. Like Joe Arpaio said, are borders are a magnet for immigrants and Ronald Reagan is the one who got us in this horrible mess that continues to this day.:confused2:

Unfortunately I know that this is a hard issue to understand, especially if you dont live in the States. The point that I think that Rollie was trying to make was this. Why should someone that has made an immoral, or wrong, or illegal decision....benefit from all of the things that this company has to offer?

There is a construction company that is tied to the platform that I used to be on. This company hires a lot of Filipinos, and quite a few Mexicans.

I was talking to one guy, and we were having an open and honest conversation. Him, his dad, and uncle all worked for this company. Jr was telling me how they had filled out all of their paperwork (green cards...etc)...waited 9 months, and found out that they had filled it out incorrectly...and so had to fill it out again, and wait another 9 months....then passed, and were here working legally, and I said thats GREAT. I told him that I didnt mind ANYONE coming to this country legally. PLEASE DO come to this country legally. That means that your working....or trying to, and that your contributing to this society, and that your trying to learn the language. Accomplish those things...and please enjoy ALL of the benefits of this country.

Trama, I don't live in the states and I can see you just backed up what I said, with an example. The problem is that some construxtion companies are paying under the table. You don't mind if people do things by the books. That not the aliens fault.

That's just logic. You are right, there will always be illegals. How about stop giving them jobs?

Trama, I don't live in the states and I can see you just backed up what I said, with an example. The problem is that some construxtion companies are paying under the table. You don't mind if people do things by the books. That not the aliens fault.

That's just logic. You are right, there will always be illegals. How about stop giving them jobs?

I am for that as well. Unfortunately its not just construction companies...several years back Walmart got busted for hiring illegals as cleaning crews at night.

I can give some input on the construction company side of things. I own a company that is sitting idle for the last 5 years because I got tired of dealing with employees. Now as far as paying under the table is a huge challenge for me because the size of my projects. Everyone payed with a check and therefore it was tracked in the bank. The only way I could pay anyone cash was to pay myself and take the initial blow from taxes that I would have to pay. Not only that if anyone got hurt on the job you are screwed and that is only risk that a moron would take with there business in my opinion. Truthfully if you want to keep this issue under control don't contribute to the cause by paying your contractor cash! So in short we are the dumb asses that condone this behavior!

G

Exactly. Your fellow Americans are giving away your jobs!
I'd be sirecting my anger directly at them. From what i understand,, Americans who don't support fellow Americans are shit. Shut a few of them down and see what happens.

I agree that the punishment should be on the companies paying under the table. Crack down on them and you'll eliminate the problem eventually. Even my Mexican friends that worked hard to get the citizenship or green cards are PISSED about letting the illegal ones in (or have amnesty). Now, a very few of them condone the actions purely based on the woe is me attitude that they have it so bad at home (mexico) that they have not much other choice then doing what they can to get across the border and doing what they can here.

I claim it all. If you don't like you don't have to try and remember what you did or didn't claim (or do).

Now, our corporate greed is getting rid of a lot of middle income (hard working) jobs to overseas companies that will do it cheaper (at least on paper). I've been layed off a couple of times for this very reason. NAFTA was the big trigger that has caused the decline in those jobs. The concept is to even out the pulses (highs and lows) in the economy by making it a WORLD economy instead of a specific economy. Sorry guys but my thought is we didn't bust our asses as Americans to give our wealth away like that. We donate a lot as it is. If we give away our jobs we won't have anything else to give away.

Thaks for the Facts!!! I KNOW they are told here in CO. sanctuary city, to apply for emergency "assistance" and they GET IT!!! They are told the bennys are thiers until the overloaded Barrock Sharpton system catches up with them.
We see the using multiple Quest cards shamlessly loading two or three grocery carts.
My brother works for a major grocery chain here and sees it all from A to Z really to much to list without me blowing a rear main seal!!!!
We aren't supposed to call it as we sees it for being called racist,
Im and a black man, a welder and machinist, Iv got this funny need to work and pay my way.
I look around here in Denver and just wanna puke when I see the entitlement attitude from the dumbass blacks while the Mexican illegal comes in and shows up and fu^_ing works,
and their keepin their mouth shut because they KNOW that corporate America and the demacrapp party want them here.....

WOW I need a cigarette.

So, what you are saying is, construction companies shouldn't pay people under the table.

They should not. Although they get around it by sub contracting work out, which is just a paper shuffle. It's an issue with no answer, except to round up illegals and ship them out. Not going to ever happen under this administration. Or easy to accomplish for any.

They should not. Although they get around it by sub contracting work out, which is just a paper shuffle. It's an issue with no answer, except to round up illegals and ship them out. Not going to ever happen under this administration. Or easy to accomplish for any.

You really can't blame companies, not just construction companies but ALL employers, for taking every advantage they can to avoid the state & local tax hammer. The amount of money government syphons from them is criminal....no business is exempt but the small guy is hit especially hard. I owned a liquor store, had a few people working for me and did the complete payroll thing.....all the withholdings including FEDERAL UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE! Nobody can collect UI from the feds but I had to pay it in anyway. Dollars were flying out the door constantly in what amounted to government shake downs....this fee, that fee, special tax stamps, on & on. Finally said fuck it and sold the business.

It's not about the illegals or 'undocumenteds' it's all about government and it's ridiculous spending.....can you say $1.1T spending bill?

I've never even seen a dollar figure that ended with a 'T'!!

What do you do walk around with blinders on

LOL.......Illegal non US citizens cannot collect welfare, food stamps, unemployment, disability, social security or apply for and receive "Obamacare". Those are just the facts.

Can they receive free medical care? Sure, them and anybody else that shows up at a hospital.

Can undocumented children go to school? Yes they can.

These people cannot be rounded up and sent back....there is no will for it and it is physically impossible. The people/companies that hire illegals are completely responsible for the problem. There should be harsh penalties in place for that practice, it would dry up the flow in time.

The bill that was passed in the Senate is actually quite good IMO, it allows the people who are here to work legally, pay taxes....etc. It also gives them a path to citizenship which IS NOT EASY......and includes hefty fines and requires them to go through a process that will take most 13 years of exemplary behavior to reach citizenship. It also has a bunch of other provisions to prevent companies from hiring undocumented immigrants, and ways to track people who have overstayed their visa's.

So, no blinders on......people who post a bunch of nonsense are the ones wearing blinders. Empty rhetoric has never gotten anything accomplished.

LOL.......Illegal non US citizens cannot collect welfare, food stamps, unemployment, disability, social security or apply for and receive "Obamacare". Those are just the facts.

Can they receive free medical care? Sure, them and anybody else that shows up at a hospital.

These people cannot be rounded up and sent back....there is no will for it and it is physically impossible. The people/companies that hire illegals are completely responsible for the problem. There should be harsh penalties in place for that practice, it would dry up the flow in time.

The bill that was passed in the Senate is actually quite good IMO, it allows the people who are here to work legally, pay taxes....etc. It also gives them a path to citizenship which IS NOT EASY......and includes hefty fines and requires them to go through a process that will take most 13 years of exemplary behavior to reach citizenship. It also has a bunch of other provisions to prevent companies from hiring undocumented immigrants, and ways to track people who have overstayed their visa's.

So, no blinders on......people who post a bunch of nonsense are the ones wearing blinders. Empty rhetoric has never gotten anything accomplished.

HaHa Mark you took that better than I thought you would...

Unfortunately the latest efforts that were put into place didnt go thru the US senate, they were passed with executive order.

The bill that your speaking of....was passed thru the senate, but never made it thru the house of represenatives, so it was never put into law.

Its kind of interesting whom is actually wearing blinders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-obama-immigration-action-unconstitutional/

Earlier Tuesday, a federal court in Pennsylvania declared aspects of President Obama’s executive actions on immigration policy unconstitutional.

According to the opinion by Judge Arthur Schwab, the president’s policy goes “beyond prosecutorial discretion” in that it provides a relatively rigid framework for considering applications for deferred action, thus obviating any meaningful case-by-case determination as prosecutorial discretion requires, and provides substantive rights to applicable individuals. As a consequence, Schwab concluded, the action exceeds the scope of executive authority.

Last edited:
Back