just got it 06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That definitely looks like stage 7. Also your filter pods look filthy - may benefit from blowing compressed air through them from the inside to clean. Keep the pressure low-ish as you don't wanna tear'em apart!
Also it's missing the breather hoses for the float bowls - that usually makes a Max run like shit but if yours runs fine then 'if it ain't broke don't fix it!' :)

I like that rear LED light, very cool. The lack of rear fender will get you back very wet if you ever ride in the rain tho..

bald tire so no rain for me i hope

it runs ok but you have to play with the choke
and when you are cruising and let of the gas it pops a bit
o and at some stops it dies

what / how long do the float hose have to be

should i look into doing the copper stack / risers

Not having those hoses on will cause all kinds of issues... Also I would do a thorough cleaning of the carb area as well as the filters. OR... Say screw it and get Morley's box and filter assembly. That way you don't have to clean all those filters all the time.

Grab some Seafoam fuel treatment and throw 4 ounces into a full tank and run it like you stole it.

Those Rizoma Mirrors are worth like 300 bucks! Don't just toss them if you don't like them.

I hope the PO resprung the front end. That tire is awful close to the radiator to be running stock springs.

Chris

run some seafoam like chris said. sounds like your idle circuit is lean/dirty. do some seafoam and check back.

if u want stock risers etc talk to Sean.

ok rather then starting a new thread
i need a rear tire
so i just getting the bike low on cash
is a few tires talked about ( have 404 now)
avon, metzeler, shinko, IRC

the site i see them on does not say if they are Bias or radial

what one is better
i ride with a few street bikes so need to carve a bit in corners
does the 170 /120 help in corners or just looks

shinko is the cheapest. its like $140 for both, shipped. almost worth it to ship them both at the same time as bikebandit charges $10 extra for tire shipping, but only once per order as far as i can tell. bigger sizes for looks. they are bias

Back