just some quick measurements

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
can i have someone with a 120 bias ply front tire get me some measurements?

just curious how 'wide' the 120 tire is 'as the eye sees it' from looking straight on.

also , as the 'eye' sees it from a side of the bike perspective. off the wheel, how high does the 'sidewall' go and then how high is the 'highest' point of the tire.

also curious the clearance of the tire to the fender.

if anyone gets a chance i'd appreciate it!

i thought the 120 was if you put a string across the tire and measured the 'tread' section. i want as the eye sees it.

looks cool is all i can tell ya garrett, sorry not by my bike to measure it out for ya.

120 is the carcass width, meaning total width including the bulging sidewall when mounted on the correct wheel and properly inflated..Same is true for cars.....So this should be the width "as the eye see it" when viewed head on from the front.

I never had a problem fitting a 120 Bias or 120 radial to the front of my bike with the stock rim, plenty of side clearance and gives a nice beefy look with no ill handling effects.

The 120 radial required using spacers to lower the fender and get it nearer the tire to keep it from looking dumb.

I don't remember the aspect ratio on the bias, I have a 120/70-18 on the front now on a RC Brand boat anchor of a wheel......Looks good to me...

Hope this helps.

HY,
As many 120 18" wheel tires fits on, i did try (little Boby look)

But my friend did scrap a fender with < Avon Venom 120 > with in 80 miles.
The avon venom tires are higher than oders, so, the fender wen verry hot with a munch of rubber at his front top (realy funy to see)

(apologise poor english)

thanks for all the replies guys. i've heard that a 130/70 radial will fit in stock trim so i bought one pretty cheap and going to try it out, but before i did i was going to see if i could 'make sure' it'd fit. a few guys have confirmed those tires DO fit and have them on so i'm not just going by hearsay.

i do have a front cazz wheel, so the width shouldn't be a problem.

Back