Karma and the motorcycle wreck.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, a good story. I've always had dogs when I was able to care for them, after being settled in a career. Dogs are man's best friend, for sure. I grew up w/them and hope to leave this earth with one by my side.

Great story, I still don't understand the banning of specific dog breeds in some areas. Violent dogs are a product of their environment, not their breed.

A long-debated question, "nature or nurture."

Great story, I still don't understand the banning of specific dog breeds in some areas. Violent dogs are a product of their environment, not their breed.

Breed specific legislation is BS. Here is a bit of trivia. In the early 1900's there was a breed of dog so aggressive that the akc was thinking of banning it from dog shows. It was the great Dane. A bunch of breeders got together and we're determined to breed out those tendencies. Anyone that has been around one can attest how loveable they are.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Pit bulls are great pets!

Had one growing up as a kid.
Now my kids are growing up with one. My wife went to go look at great Danes at a rescue and wound up with a pit bull from a prison program. Not sure how that happens? She is a big part of our family. She comes to work once in a while, goes to soccer games, goes camping, and makes friends everwhere. 99% if the people we come across don't seem bothered by the pit bull hype.

That's a great story. Pitbulls are a great dog. I go to the SPCA and pet the dogs. By far, the majority are pitts. Some are the most lovable, sweet dogs even with all the chaos all around them. I Don't agree with banning a breed, but I would say it's because of the potential of the Animal. One of the worst breeds out there for behavior and biting is a Chihuahua. It only gets away with it because of its size. If a pit bull acts like that, it's horrifying, and must be a killer. 95% of dogs are born to be followers. There's an Alpha dog and a few that want to be. I agree with Tex, That it's largely environment. Either no leadership, or bad leadership can create a dog that's dangerous, of any breed.

Back