• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Knee Braces for your VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrywilliams

Reaction score
Hi all.... I found an individual that sells those really cool knee braces, however he requires a minimum of 2 folks to order to keep hi costs down. His name :clapping:is Paul Black and can be reached at [email protected]

I'm interested in getting a set and looking to see who else may be willing to purchase.

The cost for the knee plate and fitting kits with easy install instructions is 55 GBP delivered to the US.

i got my set from paul. he's a good guy.

Thanks dudes. Unfortunately I had to sell my vmax. But I still have a supplier for the knee plates. Hopefully when times are better I will get another gen 1 vmax.

They come with a fitting kit. But you can make your own if you prefer a different setup. the plates come lightly polished. they can be left as is. I've seen the polished to mirror using standard silver polish or painted.

IMG_0502Medium.jpg

i don't think paul does the black but you could easily get them p/c any colour by yukonerdave or paint 'em yourself.

Hi people. I've spoken to the supplier and he's said since they are very quiet at the moment he can do me smaller run of say 5 pair/kits.

They are allow which polishes up to mirror finish or can be left as is.

I can get them sprayed black (probably matt or silk, not sure about gloss)

If given the go ahead I can have them either this weekend or next.

Delivery..well I send them out the next day and usually they arrive within a couple of days to UK, or mainland Europe. I've had a pair or two to USA and they took 3-4 days! Others send took 5-6 weeks. Basically I have no control after they leave my hands. Just trying to be as realistic as possible.

SO, price

?52.50 GBP delivered to UK is the best I can get.

If folks are interested email me on [email protected]
If paying by paypal I ask that you send by personal/gift so as I can avoid the paypal fees. I can take cheque but it's usual to ensure it clears first.

No rush, but after the quier period ends they won't be so keen on a small run or cheap price.

All the best for the New Year
Paul

PS I will order when I have 3 interested..I'll then put up the rest of the cash myself and hold them til I'm asked.

I got one from Paul few months ago. Quality was fine but I didn't like the bracket much creating too much clearance IMO between the knew guard and the frame.
Malky sent me very nice bracket ready to bold on the frame, It will simply avoid the clearance issue I had and will make it look really better.

I didn't install it yet since I'm waiting for doing a batch of mod on the bike next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like the different brackets too but undoable with the frame braces.

Is there a potential issue if I install frame braces later you think Garrett ?

probably if they are bolt on. i fyou get the ones with welded tabs it would probably work. but worst comes to worst u could make your out mounts closer to the way paul sent 'em.

:punk:Hey Terry, How much to get a set delivered to USA. I bought a kit to mod/brace my swingarm from Europe for $40 dollars. It cost $55 dollars for PayPal to convert to pounds, and $40 dollars shipping. Lets get a set and I can make several sets for whoever wants one probably, at a good price. Thanks, Spur

Now your talking Spur! Might be an item Sean would like to carry. Keep us posted. Patmax

haha yeah Sean do almost everything :) but not the braces in general (brace, fork) and the knee guards which are not stock accessories.
But could be great :)

:punk:Hey, I think Sean making them would be an even better Idea, then I just have to send him money. Thanks, Spur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back