Latest forum software upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've finished an upgrade on the forum software. Let me know of any issues that you find. Dannymax pointed out an issue on the vbblue skin where the colour choice for the fonts did not work. This has been fixed with upgrade. :clapping: Also I've eliminated the 5 latest threads from the vbblue skin. I had to do this as the mod was no longer compatible. I know some of you like this option so I will look for another one. In the mean time, use the New Posts link in the Nav bar, as it has the same functionality as the Latest Threads box.
Hopefully this upgrade is bug free... if not let me know.

Thank you! :cheers:

I see how you are Buster. I complain to Chris about the font problem months ago and his answer was to use Dark. LoL. Just kidding.

I see how you are Buster. I complain to Chris about the font problem months ago and his answer was to use Dark. LoL. Just kidding.

LOL... your approach is all wrong... always go to the top man! :biglaugh:

I've finished an upgrade on the forum software. Let me know of any issues that you find. Dannymax pointed out an issue on the vbblue skin where the colour choice for the fonts did not work. This has been fixed with upgrade. :clapping: Also I've eliminated the 5 latest threads from the vbblue skin. I had to do this as the mod was no longer compatible. I know some of you like this option so I will look for another one. In the mean time, use the New Posts link in the Nav bar, as it has the same functionality as the Latest Threads box.
Hopefully this upgrade is bug free... if not let me know.

Thank you! :cheers:

Gary, It's working great!!

LOL... your approach is all wrong... always go to the top man! :biglaugh:

I NEVER take the bottom Buster... :damn angry:

Did my fix work? :confused2:

:worthy: 4gasem

lol

Thanks for the upgrade! been using the heavy metal max one for a while now. Getting to like it.

Chris

Changed the format preference on my "User CP" page to the "vbblue" style but it still comes up the "Vmax Dark". How can I change to the vbblue? My old eyes have a hard time reading the dark pages.

Changed the format preference on my "User CP" page to the "vbblue" style but it still comes up the "Vmax Dark". How can I change to the vbblue? My old eyes have a hard time reading the dark pages.

Yeah...
My vbblue is not sticking either, last two times I've logged in I had to change it to vbblue.
Kinda annoying!

It is probably a cookie issue as vbblue is a complete rebuild and "new" skin so your cookie is probably pointing you to the old vbblue. Since you can't access it, it defaults you to the dark skin.
Do a proper logout from the forum and you should see a message that says "cookies cleared" or something similar. Then go to where your browser stores cookies and make sure there are no Vmaxforum.net cookies left. Start a new browser window and log into the forum. This should give you a new cookie and the vbblue skin should then be your default skin.

It is probably a cookie issue as vbblue is a complete rebuild and "new" skin so your cookie is probably pointing you to the old vbblue. Since you can't access it, it defaults you to the dark skin.
Do a proper logout from the forum and you should see a message that says "cookies cleared" or something similar. Then go to where your browser stores cookies and make sure there are no Vmaxforum.net cookies left. Start a new browser window and log into the forum. This should give you a new cookie and the vbblue skin should then be your default skin.

Ooops... already did that after I posted, and it fixed the problem. Should have let ya know or updated post.
Next time I'll try that first.
thanks!

I too prefer the blue skin just for readability. I'll probably have to switch because now the blue skin formats thread topics, headers, and other stuff in the center. Rather than left-aligning the message topics, it center aligns them, makes it harder to read. See this:
http://www.singlebirds.com/stuff/maxforum.jpg

I too prefer the blue skin just for readability. I'll probably have to switch because now the blue skin formats thread topics, headers, and other stuff in the center. Rather than left-aligning the message topics, it center aligns them, makes it harder to read. See this:
http://www.singlebirds.com/stuff/maxforum.jpg

Wow! I've never seen that before. What browser are you using?

Mine's the same as it was before the change, except the title bars at the top are reversed, which doesn't bother me.
Funny how habits gets formed and are hard to break, I keep clicking on FAQ now instead of New Posts, just out of habit with the mouse. LOL!

Still having the problem. Even deleted ALL my cookies. Have gone thru the above instructions several times and still get the dark skin. HELP!!!

Also have the centering problem mentioned earlier. Using IE #7.

Still having the problem. Even deleted ALL my cookies. Have gone thru the above instructions several times and still get the dark skin. HELP!!!

Did you go into your profile settings and make sure it is set to vbblue and not forum default?

PM me your password and I will log into your account with IE. Shuriken you can do the same also if you want.

Back