Lets Bench Race - 2002 bolt on Vmax vs. 2003 bolt on C5Z06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I'm really interested to find out how this race turns out since I have a 2004 Z06 and a 2005 V Max.The Z06 is all stock and the V Max has a Marks 4-2 exhaust with stage 7. I'm pretty confident my Max would win in 1/4 mile race and I think you will too but with the exhaust and tune on his car and your basically stock Max be on your game that day.Could come down to driver/rider skills. Good luck!

Mike

Could come down to driver/rider skills. Good luck!

Mike

I think that's pretty accurate, this is going to be a drivers race. I am still pretty confident in the Vmax from a stop. I've had several RWD cars that I frequented to the street and strip for racing and I did a few launches last week in the vette, and while it sticks well for what it is, it can't leave like the bike, there just isn't enough bite on the street to make that happen. And, if you do botch you launch a bit in the Z06, you really need to be on your game to recover that and save anything in that run. It just needs a quick roll of the clutch with a quick squeeze on the accelerator, get carried away with either even a little bit and you'll be pedaling first badly.

The Vmax, even if not launched 100%, will easily pull the 0-60 vs. the vette. I just need to make sure I take my time and be intentional about my shifting, if I get into trouble it'll be on my 2-3 shift. I don't know why, but that's the one that gives me fits on this bike. 1-2 and everything else is no problem, 2-3 I have to be very intentional about or I'll let it back to second. I'm a big enough guy that I don't have to fight for traction much on the max. I usually find myself leaning into the front end to keep that in check, which, again, being a big guy, isn't that hard either.

Video will definitely be obtained.

practice your launch, and then practice it some more :)

I ran a friends 2006 ZO6 late one night a few years ago. Believe it was the LS7 with manual shift trans. Very, very quick car I must say.

I got the launch, and held him off. But he was running me down hard on the big end of the 1/4. I crossed the line and he was right on my ass and coming on hard. Probably one of my best off strip runs ever too.

Another buddy has a 2006 GTO that I need to run this summer. Bone stock right now, so shouldnt be much of of contest if all goes well.

Do the max proud and give him hell :)

Regards,
R

Looking forward to the vid I have a few friends with some strong running cars and interested in seeing how the max does against the Z06, hopefully we will get to see this come to a head soon

Back