Oct 13th Lapeer Dragway 1st Annual Customized Creationz Hooligan Vmax Race Day!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Oct 13th Lapeer Dragway 1st Annual Customized Creationz Hooligan Vmax Race Day!!!

whole clutch pack hasn't showed up

Re: Oct 13th Lapeer Dragway 1st Annual Customized Creationz Hooligan Vmax Race Day!!!

Probably a gen 2 but could be a modded gen 1 with spray... I just loaded mine tonight so I wouldn't have to screw with it tomorrow after work, I see they bumped the forecast to 50% chance of rain again but unless it looks nasty on the radar Saturday morning I'm coming up :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

He's got a Gen1 with some interesting mods: exhaust, flatslide carbs, custom wheels. Not sure everything he has done, I don't remember seeing nitrous on it though.

Chance of rain is back up to 70%, I wish they'd make up their damn minds :banghead: not super thrilled about towing back home in the rain either... Just have to wait and see I guess....

Damn it says 90% chance of rain starting at 10 am!

Damn weather.....

They've got another whole day to change it... LOL Nothing really even close on radar, I wonder where they think its gonna come from?? I'll let you guys know early in the morning if I'm gonna risk it, I've got Mike's number so I'll check with him too...

Not feeling too bad about having to put this off. Maybe if you have a rain date we can try and make it up there! Needs to be in two week intervals from this weekend though since my daughter wanted to come too. Maybe find a track partway back my direction lol!

If we make a new rain date what would work for you sean

Holly fuck thats a long drive for you sean. Springfield would be halfway. Indy would be a little more than halfway.

This is not my gig so i cant say it wont rain for sure but im doing my best with the god's.

Yes, it's a long drive for a simple race day. Meeting up with the guys would be part of the benefit and trading Todd one of his bikes for the big tire drag bike would also be part of the reason for me too.

We'd drive all the way but something more easily made in a day would be nicer. We do have relation near Indy and that would be cool to do that run and have an excuse to see her too (she's my aunt and been through cancer 3 or 4 times now and not got much fight left in her). This latest bought has made it into the brain so I think this one is over. She's in her 80's so she's had a good run at it too!

Anyway, we'd want to try for a track that also has good "air" so we can do some checks to see what the effective elevation would be. Todds track also has an effective elevation of just a few hundred feet which would be .3 tenths or better compared to our track (effective elevation around 3500-4000').

The dates that work for me best would be every two weeks from that same oct 13th weekend. Of course halloween or any other Major Holiday would be bad if it hit that same weekend.

I don't understand it though, to get the kind of rain they're talking about over such a wide area (they are calling for rain here too) it would almost have to be a system of rain and there isn't nothing on the radar at all?? Before we talk about rescheduling let's not put the cart before the horse and wait a few more hours at least for some bad weather within a couple hundred miles to show up on the radar... If we do have to reschedule I'm still in weather pending and I'm not opposed to a trip to Indy either, its actually closer than Lapeer for me...

The gods are in my favor it will be ok.

LOL, Indy would be great. We have the system started in this morning and been building all day. Supposed to be off an on tomorrow so probably moving your way (which it is going the right direction at the moment).

Well the consensus from all the weather I checked says 76-92% rain for the day. So I am probably thinking its going to rain tomorrow......

And I wanted to show off something special I made for the event......

20121012_200724_zps38f3e0dd.jpg

Todd

That cover is pretty cool Todd!

It sucks that this may get rained out, I've been watching the radar and the storms are so far away right now that it is hard to imagine them reaching mid Michigan by 10am. I'm still hoping for a decent day though. The bike is on the trailer and the trailer is on the truck. We'll see.

That cover is pretty cool Todd!

It sucks that this may get rained out, I've been watching the radar and the storms are so far away right now that it is hard to imagine them reaching mid Michigan by 10am. I'm still hoping for a decent day though. The bike is on the trailer and the trailer is on the truck. We'll see.

Same thing I was thinking, there's not really that big of a line of them and all the bigger ones seem to be tracking south but they are so far away it looks like they won't make it till late afternoon if at all.. I'll check again when I get up in the morning but unless something changes and the rain builds strength over the lake or something I'm still planning on going... I'm all loaded up and ready...

Well just looked at the radar and its just on the other side of the lake and we all are going to get hit so I'm gonna have to pass :( I'll probably race at Martin again next Saturday unless you guys are wanting to reschedule then... I just want to race at least one more time this year...

Yeah I see big rain clouds coming. I guess rescheduling is the best idea at the this point.

I see rain starting earlier now around 8am. It's a little wet by our house now.

Back