lets see your lowered vmax's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I want an inch back when I move up to 440's.

Went on a long canyone loop today and did some serious disservice to my pipes.

almostfinished.jpg

finished.jpg

Here's Redbone lowered 2" via Progressive fork springs in the front and stock rear suspenders.

Attachments

• Manitoulin Ride 015.jpg
    Manitoulin Ride 015.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 117
Lowered 1/2 on back side with Progressive 418's, and 1/2 on front side with forks up in triple trees. Pegs are rearsets for increased clearance and comfort but exhaust is stock yet still has decent clearance.

Vinnie

Attachments

• half front.JPG
    half front.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 135
  • half back.JPG
    half back.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 118
Lowered 1/2 on back side with Progressive 418's, and 1/2 on front side with forks up in triple trees. Pegs are rearsets for increased clearance and comfort but exhaust is stock yet still has decent clearance.

Vinnie

what rotor in the rear are you running? i assume its not stock sized...

cant say for sure how much lower than stock it is as it sits right now. i had to cut out everything between the foot and the spring catch on the stand to get it to lean to the left. modified gsxr 1000 rear wheel with 190/50/17, stock length ohlins, 05 R1 front end with otec triples.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 88
Lowered rear, 17" rims and 11" progressive shocks. Lowered front 2" with lowering spring (not blocks) and 17" rim.

Headers and footpegs take a beating with this setup.

Attachments

• back right march 09.jpg
    back right march 09.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 93
  • fitteed the fly screen.jpg
    fitteed the fly screen.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 136
Gamorg02, sorry for taking so long to get back to ya,,,,,,,,,,, but anyway the rear rotor is a Braking Brake Systems rotor. Got it for looks mostly, but it is lighter than the original.

Vinnie

picture.php

Lowered 2" in the front with progressive lowering spring kit. Rear lowered 1.5" with progressive 420's.
The SportMax seat drops my back side another 2". Now my Vmax is a low rider for sure. I have not touched bottom yet but I do watch myself.

Gamorg02, sorry for taking so long to get back to ya,,,,,,,,,,, but anyway the rear rotor is a Braking Brake Systems rotor. Got it for looks mostly, but it is lighter than the original.

Vinnie

is it completely bolt on?

Who makes those frame braces? And do they reuire welding?

i got them from exactrep in the u.k. little over $300 with the shipping. no they require no welding and if they send everything needed for the install (bolts, spacers, and nuts) they take less than an hour to install. i was missing 2 bolts, 2 different nylock nuts and 1 aluminum spacer. they sent the nuts and bolts but i didnt even realize they shorted me the spacer till i installed everything. it was the last bolt of 12 i installed! shipping time was about 3-4 days so not a problem, but i did have to wait about two weeks for some of the parts i ordered specificaly the frame braces.

later odieoh24

i got them from exactrep in the u.k. little over $300 with the shipping. no they require no welding and if they send everything needed for the install (bolts, spacers, and nuts) they take less than an hour to install. i was missing 2 bolts, 2 different nylock nuts and 1 aluminum spacer. they sent the nuts and bolts but i didnt even realize they shorted me the spacer till i installed everything. it was the last bolt of 12 i installed! shipping time was about 3-4 days so not a problem, but i did have to wait about two weeks for some of the parts i ordered specificaly the frame braces.

later odieoh24

i bought a pair off of odieoh and and can vouch, as long as u have the hardware they are easy to install and actually increase th ehandling of the bike. i love the look as well!

Back