License plate mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALAN HALL

Reaction score
I am looking for some help from some of you modifiers out there.I want to move my license plate to the left side and mount my state inspection somewhere besides sticking it on the fork.Please help with some pictures and places where I can aquire the mounting plates.

ALAN HALL said:
I am looking for some help from some of you modifiers out there.I want to move my license plate to the left side and mount my state inspection somewhere besides sticking it on the fork.Please help with some pictures and places where I can aquire the mounting plates.
We don't have an inspection plate (or sticker) here North of of the border so I can't help you with that, however just about any HD shop will have a plate holder that bolts to the side of the axle so you can move it to the left. It also mounts the plate vertical, which is sometimes an issue with the police.:auto182: I'll find a picture of some plates mounted to the side and post them later.

ALAN HALL said:
Better check with your local police to see if they allow the plate mounted other than the back fender Allen. They nixed it here in Ohio.

yeah side or horizontal mounts are illegal in a lot of states. I put my inspection sitcker on the shaft so you cant really see it unless you are looking for it

You're right,got ahead of myself.I better check out all of the laws before hand.I know I've seen some HD bikes around with the inspection sticker on some kind of chrome plate bolted up.Thanks for the advice.

Alan

Here are some pics of a side mount plate for the VMAX the plate can be mounted vertical or horizontal. The LED frame is from: http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/LicensePltFrame/StandardLED/lp.asp and features a running light as well as brake light.

VMAXPLATE1.jpg

VMAXHOR1.jpg

VMAXVERTBRAKE.jpg

If your interested contact me at [email protected] to discuss details.

Thanks
Gary

I'm more into the electrical stuff, not the mechanical.:confused2: So how do I mount the plate to the swing arm? Did you have to buy or fab a bracket for it?

I got this one off of 58cycle.com. It is for a Yamaha R1 but it works well. I have LED lights that replace two of the plate bolts but just trying to figure out a clean look way to run the wiring to a 12v source.

It has the Yamaha Tuning Fork cut into the bracket!! :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• desktop2 (Medium).jpg
    desktop2 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 45
Does it matter if you get the bracket for the 98-03 or the 04-06? Also where did you get your LED lights that replace the plate bolts. I've looked around town for bolts like that before but couldn't find any.

markmax said:
Does it matter if you get the bracket for the 98-03 or the 04-06? Also where did you get your LED lights that replace the plate bolts. I've looked around town for bolts like that before but couldn't find any.

I ordered the one for the 04-06. Go to www.jpcycles.com for the LED's.

I mounted mine on the right side by extending the axle by 1/2 inch and drilling threw it. runnig a bolt threw it and made another bracket that connects to the bottom of it and to the swing arm
Rick

Attachments

• 100_1980.jpg
    100_1980.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26
Back