lift table /centerstand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schudaddie

Reaction score
when getting my max on my lift table I've been trying to find a way to get it on the centerstand. I found video of a guy doing this with a BMW on youtube but his lift table looks to be wider / longer than the habor freight table I have.standing next to the max on my table would be an accident waiting to happen. I tried using a bottlejack on the right side of the swingarm but that's scary too. not much room for my floor jack under the engine while on the table either. I'm thinking maybe my scissors jack under the engine. all this is for pulling my engine for transmission work etc. any ideas??????
thanks in advance, bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaWUjGX2A4

If you have a jack for the bike and a way to rig the motor to pull it out when on the stand, that makes life easy. If you don't have those items, I find it easier and quicker to leave the bike on floor on the center stand. The motor can be finessed out of the frame with a floor jack quite easily by one person.

I pull all ours on the floor. The lifts are used on long term projects

I must be missing something but I put mine on the centerstand all the time on my HF lift while its completely lowered. No problem.

That is what I use to. The Vmax is pretty easy to get on the center stand though I have stood beside it several times & put it on the stand. I would say if you nervous & don't want to buy the mentioned jack just get you a couple 2x4's & A piece of plywood & build a little platform you can stand on beside the lift

Exactly what I used to do.....then used a 2" X 2" across the frame rails in front of the rear tire with a bottle jack, and then got a small platform scissors jack which seemed to be more of a PITA than anything and went back to the bottle jack & 2 by. Just need to strap the front end down good before jacking.

Exactly what I used to do.....then used a 2" X 2" across the frame rails in front of the rear tire with a bottle jack, and then got a small platform scissors jack which seemed to be more of a PITA than anything and went back to the bottle jack & 2 by. Just need to strap the front end down good before jacking.
Would a 18v drill or impact run it up and down?

Would a 18v drill or impact run it up and down?

It probly would BB but that wasn't really the issue....it was placing little blocks, of the proper thickness, in the proper position to get the bike level. That Hindle with the #2 pipe crossing under the #4 pipe didn't help either.

Plus, I don't like the fact that the entire weight of the bike is constantly trying to blow the center out of a dirt cheap chink POS bearing at the end of the long threaded rod....just couldn't live with that! Nope.....:eusa_snooty:

We use a smaller black jack version to bend our swinarms back to position as part of the process during the stretch work. It's amazing at how much presure and torque that jack will take. We use an air impact to run it. A good drill might run it easily enough too.

I agree, removing the engine while on the centerstand & using a traditional floor jack has served me well. Bike on the floor. If you want to put the bike onto a lift after the engine is out, that should be a piece of cake, as you just removed close to 40% of the weight of the bike.

I have used cribbing to take up some space between the lift pad of the floor jack and the underside of the bike engine. I have been able to remove & install the bike engine w/o removing the servomotor for the VBoost. I did disconnect the cables for it & the throttles though.

I must be missing something but I put mine on the centerstand all the time on my HF lift while its completely lowered. No problem.
I probably could put it on the center stand if I used the clamp / wheel stop that came with the lift. I mounted their heavier duty wheel chock flush with the front of the table. this allowed the center stand feet to come down on the edges of the table opening. after reading all the great tips (thanks all) :punk:I may just continue stripping as many components as possible on the lift {much easier on my knee } then do the engine removal with my floorjack on the floor. I may be able to get on the center stand in the future by moving the vertical part of the wheel chock farther forward to get the center stand away from the opening. Sure is nice not having to crawl around on the floor. Only one casualty so far. I broke the temperture sensor while removing a radiator hose. No big deal.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html
thanks again, bill

Plenty of threads about replacing the temp sensor w/one from an import auto, much cheaper & the fan will come on sooner. See Rawarrior's sticky about 'things a new VMax owner should know.'
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21240&highlight=sentra

I probably could put it on the center stand if I used the clamp / wheel stop that came with the lift. I mounted their heavier duty wheel chock flush with the front of the table. this allowed the center stand feet to come down on the edges of the table opening. after reading all the great tips (thanks all) :punk:I may just continue stripping as many components as possible on the lift {much easier on my knee } then do the engine removal with my floorjack on the floor. I may be able to get on the center stand in the future by moving the vertical part of the wheel chock farther forward to get the center stand away from the opening. Sure is nice not having to crawl around on the floor. Only one casualty so far. I broke the temperature (sic) sensor while removing a radiator hose. No big deal.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html
thanks again, bill

Latest posts

Back