Load equalizers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
i put new turnsignals on my max , not led , but these cool "mini stalker " with smoked lenes . They look great , but the bulbs draw less watts then the original ones , so i have to install load equalizers , has anyone else had to do this ?

is the auto feature part of the blinker relay? I'll to check the schematics - I would have thought that there were other components involved in this feature, and the blinker relay would just be bog standard..

Early models the flasher relay, starter cutoff and canceling unit were in one relay. Late models have only flasher and canceling unit in one relay. You can keep the canceling function but will need to do some splicing. Both early and late models use a reed switch in speedometer which run to the cancelling unit.

I didn't even know there was a self cancel on the bike, mine must have never worked. I replaced my flasher with one on the custom dynamics site and it works perfectly.

I didn't even know there was a self cancel on the bike, mine must have never worked. I replaced my flasher with one on the custom dynamics site and it works perfectly.

i believe its 15 seconds or 1/4 mile? as logn as the bike is moving...

i only really notice it if i put my blinker on too early to merge to an on/off ramp and it goes off by the time i get there..

I had to add some resistors to my signal wires when I added aftermarket blinkers. Most people who added the same blinkers as mine didn't have any trouble, but my Max is "special"

I bought them at radioshack for a couple of bucks, an electrical genious friend of mine told me what ones to buy and how to solder them in.

I put two in the headlight bucket, and two under the seat, soldered and heat shrinked over. I was concerned at first, because they get pretty warm, but I have had no trouble with them so far.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS ! I'M GOING TO PUT IN A LOAD EQUALIZER , HOPEFULLY SUNDAY ! I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED . :punk:

IF I'M GOING DOWN THE ROAD MY TURN SIGNALS SHUT OFF AFTER 22 FLASHES ! IF I'M STOPPED THEY WILL NEVER SHUT OFF . :punk:

I JUST PUT ON A DUAL LOAD EQUALIZER , BLACK WIRE GOES TO FRAME GROUND , ONE PURPLE WIRE TO MY RIGHT REAR TURN SIGNAL "HOT" WIRE & THE OTHER PURPLE TO MY LEFT , NOW THEY ALL WORK GREAT ! I STILL THINKS IT BLOWS THAT I HAD TO DO THAT , NOT USING LED LIGHTS ! BUT THE TURN SIGNALS LOOK GREAT !:punk:

Back