Manual Fan switch and wires - Where to buy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy69

Reaction score
Hi All.

I live in Dubai but will be in Chicago and NY City in the next couple of weeks for a couple of days. I would like to buy the Manual switch and wires as a packaged bundle and would like your advice if I can buy this over the counter in any of the cities. If not in Chicago or NY the what about London. Not available in Dubai.

Thanks in advance.

ziggy69 said:
Hi All.

I live in Dubai but will be in Chicago and NY City in the next couple of weeks for a couple of days. I would like to buy the Manual switch and wires as a packaged bundle and would like your advice if I can buy this over the counter in any of the cities. If not in Chicago or NY the what about London. Not available in Dubai.

Thanks in advance.

Radio shack or any auto parts store.....I am not aware of any bundled kit with instructions but then again I have never purposefully looked for a kit either...

Ziggy, all you need is a piece of wire and a toggle switch, are you saying they don't have these in Dubai??? ask for an on/off 12 volt switch!
Man, I'll send you a piece of wire and a switch by mail:) any hardware store in London will have them.

ziggy69 said:
Hi All.

Thanks in advance.
________
Dodge Dakota specifications

Last edited:
:))) cheers guys. can i have some instructions on what i should do with the wires and 12 volt switch? thx. z

It is posted on this site in another thread but I'll post it again for you,
a photo of the stock fan switch is attached, both wires from the thermo switch are +ve so all you are doing is running a wire to both stock wires and putting a switch in the middle. you are bypassing the stock fan switch to let the fan turn on whenever you want, if you forget to turn your switch on the stock switch will open as usual with no problem.
I attached photos of a toggle switch , make sure you find a convenient location on the bike to attach the switch, also make clean and insulated connections so you do not short the fan 10 amp fuse under the faux tank cover under the little plastic cover on the left side:)
The stock connection has a blue and a brown wires, connect the ends of the wires connected to the switch one to blue and one to the brown.
Get a switch with two posts like this one in the photo.
I hope that helps.

ziggy69 said:
:))) cheers guys. can i have some instructions on what i should do with the wires and 12 volt switch? thx. z
________
vapor lounge

Attachments

• fanswitch.jpg
    fanswitch.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 64
  • AB-Fan_Thermo_Switch.jpg
    AB-Fan_Thermo_Switch.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 59
  • fanswitch 001 (528 x 396).jpg
    fanswitch 001 (528 x 396).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 60
  • fanswitch 002 (528 x 396).jpg
    fanswitch 002 (528 x 396).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Ibrahim,I'm glad you posted this again.I knew it was already here somewhere.

I do not recommend using a rocker switch though.The require too much room to mount properly.I recommend using a toggle switch.They are mounted into a 1/2" hole.Mine is mounted on the plastic piece up by the ignition switch.I also have a rubber boot on it to keep water out.

Any auto part store sells them as well as Lowes and home depot.Try to get one rated for at least 10 amps.I usually use 20 amp switches.

Shawn, this was the switch I have on hand to take a photo of how to connect, any switch will do depending on the location of mounting, I personally would not make a hole in the plastic piece,instead I would find a way to mount it on the handle bar in a clean looking arrangement.
using Quiksteel epoxy you can make a bar mount that looks like it is a stock switch., I am very particular when it comes to cosmetics.
have you ever used quiksteel? this product is very useful in making small parts and mounts, it hardens in 5 min and can be sanded, grind and painted.
I think I'll make a handle bar switch mount for my T-boost and post a photo of it later.

shawn kloker said:
Ibrahim,I'm glad you posted this again.I knew it was already here somewhere.

I do not recommend using a rocker switch though.The require too much room to mount properly.I recommend using a toggle switch.They are mounted into a 1/2" hole.Mine is mounted on the plastic piece up by the ignition switch.I also have a rubber boot on it to keep water out.

Any auto part store sells them as well as Lowes and home depot.Try to get one rated for at least 10 amps.I usually use 20 amp switches.
________
Honda TRX250R history

Last edited:
Ibrahim,You would be surprized how cheap the plastic parts are if you buy them from University Motors.

firefly said:
Shawn, this was the switch I have on hand to take a photo of how to connect, any switch will do depending on the location of mounting, I personally would not make a hole in the plastic piece,instead I would find a way to mount it on the handle bar in a clean looking arrangement.
using Quiksteel epoxy you can make a bar mount that looks like it is a stock switch., I am very particular when it comes to cosmetics.
have you ever used quiksteel? this product is very useful in making small parts and mounts, it hardens in 5 min and can be sanded, grind and painted.
I think I'll make a handle bar switch mount for my T-boost and post a photo of it later.

Thank God for Gary McCoy, He is a very decent guy!, I am thinking placing the switch should be close to the other handle bar switches.
so they are close to my hand when I am going 360 mph :)), I don't like taking my hand off the handle bar at that speed you know.

shawn kloker said:
Ibrahim,You would be surprized how cheap the plastic parts are if you buy them from University Motors.
________
vaporite solo vaporizer

Last edited:
Back