Mark's exhaust is on the way, now what?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been debating doing this to mine also. Would love to see a pic of yours if you do this.

Kevin...I had the black ceramic system on the '06 originally. This should give you a pretty good idea what your's will look like.

Well, except for the polished cans...that is!

But, with one black ceramic system and one S/S system.....I got an idea!!

Attachments

• 100_1552.jpg
    100_1552.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_1554.jpg
    100_1554.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 43
Kevin...I had the black ceramic system on the '06 originally. This should give you a pretty good idea what your's will look like.

Well, except for the polished cans...that is!

But, with one black ceramic system and one S/S system.....I got an idea!!
I like this Dannymax's way of thinking! His methods may be outside the box but effective!
I was wondering if anyone had taken Mark's cans apart? They look like there's just 3 bolts on each end and the outer skin would just slide off. Or am I missing something like it sealed/ held on with adhesive making removal difficult?
If I get mine done I want everything coated black except the outer skin which I want a polished look.

Last edited:
I like this Dannymax's way of thinking! His methods may be outside the box but effective!
I was wondering if anyone had taken Mark's cans apart? They look like there's just 3 bol
ts on each end and the outer skin would just slide off. Or am I missing something like it sealed/ held on with adhesive making removal difficult?
If I get mine done I want everything coated black except the outer skin which I want a polished look.

He's weird....but he means well!! :rofl_200:

I talked to Mark about getting some turndown tips and would they be difficult to change....he said they could be tough sometimes.

I don't know why as I was looking at it the same as you....just slide the outside wrapping off....that's all I know about it, figuring his remark was enough to change my mind.

I'll prolly send Mark the cans and let him do it if I change my mind.

Thanks for the pic's Dan. I do like the looks of a black exhaust. My SS exhaust is changing colors and I am not too hip on the look.
What is the difference between ceramic and powder coating? or are they the same thing?

Thanks for the pic's Dan. I do like the looks of a black exhaust. My SS exhaust is changing colors and I am not too hip on the look.
What is the difference between ceramic and powder coating? or are they the same thing?

powder can't stand the heat of exhaust typically so you use ceramic powder. i'm not sure if the curing process is the same exactly but its a similar process just for higher temp applications

The ceramic will turn colors also....maybe not as much as powdercoat, but some.

This pic doesn't show it very well but the front headers turned slightly brownish, they didn't stay totally black.

I think all single walled exhaust's are going to turn to some extent, there's no way around it.

I kinda like the coloring....it shows you ride the bike!! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_1639.jpg
    100_1639.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 19
Here's a couple different Mark's ideas, black ceramic pipes w/brushed aluminum cans and S/S pipes w/black ceramic cans.

Attachments

• 100_1811.jpg
    100_1811.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1813.jpg
    100_1813.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 28
I have been debating doing this to mine also. Would love to see a pic of yours if you do this.

'98 Jet hot coated black through Sean, formerly chrome Kerker , with c.f. can . Adding the c.f. belly pan this week , so some of the pipe will be hidden. Sounds good , not obnoxiously loud. :punk:

Attachments

• DSC00808.jpg
    DSC00808.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 25
I really dig that SS with black cans Dan-O
Your the best thing that has happened to that 06..:punk:

Thank you sir!! :worthy:

'98 Jet hot coated black through Sean, formerly chrome Kerker , with c.f. can . Adding the c.f. belly pan this week , so some of the pipe will be hidden. Sounds good , not obnoxiously loud. :punk:

Very nice!!

Here's a couple different Mark's ideas, black ceramic pipes w/brushed aluminum cans and S/S pipes w/black ceramic cans.

very nice Dan-o!

Also very nice :punk:

I really dig that SS with black cans Dan-O
Your the best thing that has happened to that 06..:punk:

Been giving this some additional thought Chris.....the only other thing that happened to this bike was a high speed collision with a truck (and a few guardrails)....nice to know I rank above THAT!! :rofl_200:

very nice Dan-o!

Thanks Ro, 'preciate it!! :bang head:

See, great minds do think alike! Good on ya Dan-O! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

They absolutely do Brian...alto not in this case!! :biglaugh: You mentioned it first and I kinda stole it...but I WOULDDA thought of it soon....i bet!! :worthy::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Thanx Kratos...I really like them!! Go great with the Exactrep 'shortie'! :thumbs up:

Thanks, I still haven't decided if I want to try and angle them up a little, maybe 15 degrees or so. I would have to move them farther back, so not sure how it would look, or if they would clear the shocks. Guess I'll just have to get the pipe and try it sometime.

Been giving this some additional thought Chris.....the only other thing that happened to this bike was a high speed collision with a truck (and a few guardrails)....nice to know I rank above THAT!! :rofl_200:
Never thought of it that way Dan:biglaugh::clapping:

Back