Mark's exhaust is on the way, now what?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Reaction score
I've got a set of Mark's 4-2 headers on the way, along with Level One Racing 13" canisters with 2.25" cores, so the exhaust is taken care of. Now I'm looking for opinions on the best way to open up the intake. I'm not going to do any motor mods, so once this is done, that is all I'm gonna do as far as air/fuel performance. Looking for something that will get me the best power/driveability combo without getting rid of the Vboost. I've seen some who use the stage 7 kit, I think, but only use the air correctors and single filters but keep the Vboost functional. This sounds like the best option to me, but I would like to hear what others have done and had the best luck with.

if you want to keep the full vboost functionality, i'd go with a morley kit. stage 7 typically you don't necessarily remove the vboost but leave it always open or install straight thru pipes (removing it completely) and as far as i know on stage 7 you don't ever go back to stock functionality.

I'm running Mark's 4 - 2, 14" cans w/2" openings. Shimmed the needles .039" and backed out the A/F screws to 3 1/4 turns. Otherwise stock.

Made 117.1 hp, 79.6 #'s of torque on the PCW dyno.

I'm running Mark's 4 - 2, 14" cans w/2" openings. Shimmed the needles .039" and backed out the A/F screws to 3 1/4 turns. Otherwise stock.

Made 117.1 hp, 79.6 #'s of torque on the PCW dyno.

Do you have stock main jets? I went down to 147.5 with my Supertrapp slip-ons. Should I go back up to the stock size with the full exhaust?

Do you have stock main jets? I went down to 147.5 with my Supertrapp slip-ons. Should I go back up to the stock size with the full exhaust?

No carb guru here Kratos but usually slip-ons don't require re-jetting. I would suggest going back to stock mains and trying the needle shim and A/F adjust first and see how that works for you.

This is Mark's recommended set up for his pipes and works very well with my bike.

And yeah, I have stock jets.

If you want to get the most out of your new exhaust AND keep v-boost go with one of seans jet kits. Cheaper than stg 7. Same top end. Better mid range. Keeps v-boost.

If you're not worried about milking every last HP out of the bike then don't drop the $200 on a jet kit and just shim the needles as Danny suggested. IMO the 147.5's should be pretty damn close to perfect. You may get some popping on decel or steady, very lean throttle angles. Should be able to clear that up with the A/F screws and shims.

Pretty much ANY aftermarket exhaust will run better with SMALLER mains then stock. I would leave the 147.5's in if you are only swapping to the full header and not putting in my jet kit.

Sean

Pretty much ANY aftermarket exhaust will run better with SMALLER mains then stock. I would leave the 147.5's in if you are only swapping to the full header and not putting in my jet kit.

Sean

I have a feeling that I'll be hitting you up for your jet kit fairly soon. It includes a modified airbox so a panel filter will fit right? Do you have any pics of the kit installed?

There are pics and some info on the website. The kit includes the filter installed into the lid (which you send your old lid back on exchange).

Sean

There are pics and some info on the website. The kit includes the filter installed into the lid (which you send your old lid back on exchange).

Sean

Found it on your site, I'll be getting with you soon to place the order. Thanks.

Where do you buy Mark's exhaust? Site?

Thanks

His website is down. You'll have to give him a call at 1-760-948-1346. He may be difficult to get ahold of, best bet is to try earlier in the day. I tried for 3 days in the afternoon with no answer, called the 4th day in the morning, he answered right away. Very nice guy and easy to deal with.

How much is a full exaust from Marks?If you don't mind me asking.

I don't remember exactly, but the quoted price for my 4 - 2, black ceramic, 14" cans w/2" baffles was under $800. His ceramic coater was injured on a dirt bike and there was a delay in my receiving the system, as compensation Mark reduced the bill by 15% and I got it TMD for $690 and change.

Attachments

• 100_1644.jpg
    100_1644.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
I will let you know the cost when mine arrives, the invoice will be in the box. I only ordered the headers, so a full system would be higher. He did say the cost of each muffler is $125, so if you are planning on a 4-2 system, just add $250 to whatever my price ends up being.

I'm looking for a 4-1 system. Kerker, ufo, hindle etc but not sure if I'm willing to go new yet. UFO had his 4-1 slash cuts on ebay for $850 shipped and I missed them.

I'm looking for a 4-1 system. Kerker, ufo, hindle etc but not sure if I'm willing to go new yet. UFO had his 4-1 slash cuts on ebay for $850 shipped and I missed them.
Talk to Sean, I believe he has a great deal on Kerker 4 into 1 right now. Email him at [email protected] or PM here with the same username one2dmax. Sean will treat you right!

I have a couple of used 4-1 systems available. They have been recoated to look as new so not super ebay cheap type price.

Sean

Latest posts

Back