Marks pipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsoll

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my Marks pipes on sounds and runs good. I do have a low end slight stumble around 3-4k then it clears up thru the revs. I checked the plugs and they seem like a nice brownish color. I heard they are lean on the bottom more so than the upper range. As far as jet kits I still don't know which way to go. Can the stumble be taken out without jetting??

And whats the sugestion on the jet kits here??

Thanks Rick

i agree with fargo. aside from that try shimming your needles. goto radioshack and buy the 1.99 pack of washers. make sure all 4 are the same thickness...

you CAN go 2 shims if needed, but try 1 first.

Rick,

You should be able to get it to run just fine without a jet kit, or even changing the mains. I would plan on shimming the needles with one washer to start with. Also, a bit of a turn out on the A/F screws may be in order.

If you want an extra little kick in the pants, go for a jet kit. Either a morley muscle kit or dyno jet stage 7. Morley's kit will give you the same top end as stage 7 but better mid range. Plus its cheaper. Plus he has excellent customer service and backs up his products and will personally answer your questions.

Don't forget that you need to synch the carbs after working on them!

i agree with fargo. aside from that try shimming your needles. goto radioshack and buy the 1.99 pack of washers. make sure all 4 are the same thickness...

you CAN go 2 shims if needed, but try 1 first.

This worked good for me....one shim of .018" (Radio Shack washers mic'd), backed A/F screws out 3 1/4 turns.

Might require just a bit of fine tuning, but it should definitely put you in the ballpark.

Keep us posted....and.....pics please, (we're all from Missouri...you gotta show us!!)

danny

Does anybody knows if Mark check his email box often?

I just cant contact with him?

I would just make a call but that will brake my wallet :D

I have e mailed him a few times and gotten quick responses, also called him several times successfully.

There are posts from folks who aren't very happy with his customer service but it didn't work that way for me at all!

I have e mailed him a few times and gotten quick responses, also called him several times successfully.

There are posts from folks who aren't very happy with his customer service but it didn't work that way for me at all!
Thanks Danny.
I should be patient then.

I really want to buy his 4-2-1 setup but first must contact with him :)

Does Mark make a slipon?
As far as i know, no.

But Marks can make a custom job. Just talk to him.

Yeah he SUCKS at getting back to you on email. I would try calling... Like G said... Get a Skype account and use it to call.

Chris

I've tried the email route 3-4 times over a 1.5 years and never received a response. I called 3 times in a week and after the 3rd call the deal was done. I had my exhaust in production then 10 days later received it.
I concur with G and Chris, try a skype account. My buddy calls me all the time on his and the sound quality is like a land line. I used to game using skype and it has improved greatly since then!

BEWARE! He can be almost impossible to get a hold of. A few years ago I tried 3 phone calls and messages and 3 emails and all went unanswered. I ended up with Dale Walkers. This last time he answered on the 3rd ring.

Chris

I have Mark's 4-2-1 on my 06 max. Very good fit sound is good. Louder than the 4 into 2

LOL hes unavaible by phone too :)
Left him a massage.

I guess its friday so he left somewhere.

Hey Brian, i like those skype games too.
Especially BINGO :D
I was playing world of warcraft with my nephew and brother in law in Colorado. We basically chatted and played along in the game. It was a great way to visit even though my sister kinda felt left out at times.:confused2:

I was playing world of warcraft with my nephew and brother in law in Colorado. We basically chatted and played along in the game. It was a great way to visit even though my sister kinda felt left out at times.:confused2:

Aaaa you refering that kind of games :ummm:

I tought that you're talking about skype build in games.
Those are simple games but can provide lot of fun :)

Never played WW. Im console fan. Curently Playstation 3.
Never using PC for games :D

Anyway, thanks guys for all info.
I'll try to call him at monday.

Back