Marks pipes sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got through to Mark this morning about 11 AM. Just like everybody says, once you get through to him he's great to deal with. Answered all my questions and told me it would be roughly 5 working days Cali to Fl. He told me I could pay with Pay Pal or mail him a check when the pipes came in. If he ever gets screwed in Florida on doing this, I may just have to make a non social visit to someone.:biglaugh:

Anyway, what I'm getting is pretty much standard SS headers, 4 into 2, 14" cans with 2" cores and whatever is standard as an end cap. He told me to try shimming the needles and adjust the F/A Screws. Should be good for 10 HP or so. If I want it louder and gut the packing, I'll loose a couple HP, nothing major but may have to further jet.

Somebody else with this set up at sea level have anything to add or recommend? I'd like the sound to be semi obnoxious. I don't give a shit about the neighbors, most don't speak English and they're too afraid of the law to call for help. :rofl_200:

I'll work on the type of End Caps and other things once they're on...

Thanx....... for all the assistance setting this up.

I would wait until you hear them first, I think you'll like the sound as is!:punk: I was undecided on the endcaps but I like the non turndowns. I have the SS pipes with 12" aluminum cans, 2.25" openings.
I almost ordered the turndowns but I didn't want Mark to think I was copying his setup, although he still is so awesome and those super sexy feet of his!:biglaugh: Have a happy Friday Mr. carb guru!:rofl_200:

Thanx Redbone, I'll put them on and atleast do the COO Fix for the O-Ring in the process. If my Ring's not popped out it seems to be the simplest fix. My oil pressure appears to be the same as others so it shouldn't be a problem.

As I told Mark, I've been over the edge for months on his exhaust. The sale landed me on my head with excitement to finally be doing this. My brains been scrambled for a couple days anyway. I played the middle man to several companies I work with in the AR-15 industry. Finally have them on the same playing field so we can make some exceptional product upgrades. Mainly accuracy improvements that I believe will be extraordinary. Also, may impress the military enough to get a foot in the door for 2 of these companies. Military training tools that could save the services millions each year.

OK, Thread Hijacking for personal interest done....:bang head: Smack Me..

Dave, you're getting the same set-up I have, 14" cans, 2" openings. Like Redbone says, check them out first, you will probably like them....I do.

Carb work consisted of a 1mm needle shim (.039") and backing the a/f screws out to 3 1/4 turns each.....both bikes run extremely well.

But, I'm around 1,000,' don't know about sea level. :confused2:

dannymax: I have the stock exhaust modded. 1/2" holes, 5 and 1 each. Already 3 turns out. Sounds like a piece of cake to get the bike set up for these pipes. Now I can't wait, even though it's half the fun.... My neighbors are going to get an ear full of me blasting around the block.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: When they ask me to speak Spanish, I'll reply with NEIN, Sprechen Sie Deutsch?:rofl_200:

Pay Back, it's so much fun....

Mark told me these will work with a center stand too. Maybe I'll just have to find one.....
Added 10:48 PM: He said they'd ship today and be here by next Friday. That'll be perfect, told him
I'd be on vacation the next day.

Last edited:
Mark told me these will work with a center stand too.

You need to check the clearance between the left exhaust can and the inside of the left foot of the centerstand before you attempt to raise the centerstand. Best bet is to remove the spring, raise the C/S and make sure you've got enough on both sides. Its pretty common to have to grind a bit of material off the centerstand foot to create the correct amt of clearance.

[email protected]: Thanx for that info, I don't have a center stand on it right now but mentioned that I was gonna try to find one. It will help greatly knowing about the clearance issues in advance....:biglaugh:

[email protected]: Thanx for that info, I don't have a center stand on it right now but mentioned that I was gonna try to find one. It will help greatly knowing about the clearance issues in advance....:biglaugh:

Not always an issue, the '99 had plenty of space....the '06 had to be ground but it's nice to know in advance for sure, I learned the hard way! :bang head:

Back