Max frames

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

Reaction score
Why are there so many on US ebay so cheap? I'm looking for one for my next project,but all I can find in the UK is one for ?500!! I'm thinking that shipping one over (seen them from about $35) will be cheaper....

Why are there so many on US ebay so cheap? I'm looking for one for my next project,but all I can find in the UK is one for ?500!! I'm thinking that shipping one over (seen them from about $35) will be cheaper....

The reason is because of all the hassle getting a replacement frame titled over here. New York State, for example, makes it nearly impossible to get a clear title for a replacement frame.

Unless you are lucky enough to get a used frame, the same year as your bike, and with a clear title, it's more trouble than it's worth.

I was wondering about that too. Not to long ago they were going for $300+. I am thinking the $49.99 specials may not have a title, and wouldn't be able to be registered.

Ok,that wouldn't be an issue as I'm after one to be modified,so it would need to go through the UK approval system and be issued a new registration. Interesting. Just need someone to get back to me with a bloody shipping cost!

I was wondering about that too. Not to long ago they were going for $300+. I am thinking the $49.99 specials may not have a title, and wouldn't be able to be registered.

I believe the certified or registered bike breakers have to surrender the titles of any bikes they sell for parts. Pin-Wall, for example, has some sort of clause in their frame descriptions that states no title is included.

The whole thing is an effort to curb bike theft, but as usual, only makes it more difficult for the regular guy.

Edit: This clause,

THEY COME WITH A BILL OF SALE FROM PINWALL CYCLE PARTS INC. NO TITLE ISSUED. NO MSO ISSUED. THE ORIGINAL TITLE IS RETURNED TO THE STATE OF OHIO WHEN WE DISMANTLE THE VEHICLE. THIS IS OHIO LAW. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR STATE OR COUNTRY ON USING THIS FRAME FOR THIS PURPOSE. IN MOST STATES, THE ORIGINAL VIN NUMBER IS REPLACED WITH A CUSTOM VIN NUMBER, BUT PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BMV FOR CLARIFICATION ON THEIR LAWS.

you may want to ask someone on the forum to get a shipping price here, i remember for example an ebay seller wanted jedi (new zealand) $400 to ship 4 rotors! i was able to put them in a usps flat rate box for about 10% of that.

Its possible in PL to register those frames but this wont be a v-max but SAM.
SAM mean something like self made vehilce - but its possible and you will have NP with that. When its registered in PL then it could be registered anywhere as PL meets EU standars.

SAM sounds like the MSVA we have here. For what I want to do the frame cradle will be modified,which will then mean it has to be inspected and tested. Bonus is it gets a new registration and classifies as a new vehicle,so no MOT tests for three years. Bonus!

Ok,so could anybody give me an idea of shipping to the UK? Cheapest means possible obviously,and in no hurry.

SAM sounds like the MSVA we have here. For what I want to do the frame cradle will be modified,which will then mean it has to be inspected and tested. Bonus is it gets a new registration and classifies as a new vehicle,so no MOT tests for three years. Bonus!

Ok,so could anybody give me an idea of shipping to the UK? Cheapest means possible obviously,and in no hurry.

anyone know rough weight of frame and what size 'box' it would need? you may be able to ship it without a box if you don't mind some dings.

I don't know about weight,I can have a measure of mine and see what it is size wise. The thing is I think I will be making a whole new subframe,so anyone handy with a grinder could shave a few pounds and inches as well.......

Frame is almost exactly 50lbs. If you aren't going to use the rear subframe area you could cut it down and shave a lot of size off of it.

Sean

Thanks Sean,
Garrett,the frame is roughly 52"x30"x13",if the subframe was cut off it'd be more like 35"x30"x13". And I'd guess at around 35lb if a full frame is 50. Any help on pricing would be great! :eusa_dance:

ah shit, usps says its too big to be mailed!

knocking the size down to 30x25x13 says it'd be $550 to mail!

I know some freight companies working in PL which offering whole motorcycle crate freight for 750$.
Im sure I can ship bare frame via sea freight for 150$ bucks.

Not sure something like POLAMER or DOMA works in UK :confused2:

try and get one shipped! I bought one for $20 on ebay no title. then the shipping I think was around $120

this is all great stuff guys, i was thinking about getting a second frame to powder coat and transfer everything over, its a good thing i read this before i did it as i didnt even think about being able to register it afterwards, just another reason vmaxforum.net ROCKS!:punk:

We can probably have one freighted. Send me a direct email with your address/location and I'll try and see what we can come up with. You can then find a cheap frame (I don't have many cheap frames but I do have some good frames including one with a 6 degree rake).

Sean
[email protected]

Back