Mian fuse wire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real common to have a poor joint in/on the bottom side of the fuse holder, makes heat then melts eventually

Mine melted down.

I did away with it and installed a 30 amp self resetting automotive breaker. Parts stores have them, small yellow zinc colored rectangular case about the same size as the original fuse holder.

They have post studs for landing the wires on. I just taped the whole thing up in a ball of tape to insulate the post studs.

There is no external "handle" it is purely automatic and doesn't look any different than the 30 amp fuses used for lift gates and winches etc...

The wire runs from the pos of the battery to the fuse then it comes out of the fuse and I dont know where it goes.Does this wire connect to the crimp connection?.

Last edited:
Can someone chime in here to let me know where the wires to the 30amp fuse run to and from ?. Thanks !.

Can someone chime in here to let me know where the wires to the 30amp fuse run to and from ?. Thanks !.

It appears from schematic to run from main fuse block (looks like a relay somewhat). Then branches off to the Regulator where there is a spade type connector shown on schematics. Also to key switch connector. After key switch, it goes to fuse block on brown wires.

Gary

The fuse wire starts at the positive battery terminal, then goes to the "crimp" connection, (where it mates with the positive wire from the RR), then it continues onto the ignition switch.

FYI - Go to the Morley website, look under technical. There are colored wiring diagrams for all models of the Max.

Cheers!

Diagram is a good place to start, especially that really pretty one Dingy put together...

The thing with The wiring diagram is it's an elementary Diagram, not a connection diagram. it does tell you all the places it goes, but doesn't attempt to show you HOW and in what order the points are hit along the way......

Thanks !.I was wondering how far I had to go to put a thicker wire in there ,but I guess I would have to replace alot.I guess I couild replace the fuse with a 30amp autoresetting and wire it from the pos side to the fuse and from the fuse to the crimp with 12-14 gauge wire.

I wasn't thinking about replacing the wire.....not a bad idea tho, although I think the wire is big enough, its all the crappy connections that are usually the culprit..

Have you done the "crimp fix"?

I don't know how others do it but I just heated the crimp with a miniature butane lighter/torch until it would take solder flow.....its gonna melt some insulation tho'....I just re-taped the whole thing afterwards...that crimp can be a source of voltage drop when/if corrosion sets in...

Thanks !.I was wondering how far I had to go to put a thicker wire in there ,but I guess I would have to replace alot.I guess I couild replace the fuse with a 30amp autoresetting and wire it from the pos side to the fuse and from the fuse to the crimp with 12-14 gauge wire.
I have been running my RR strait to my battery with a 30 amp fuse in line for years & never had a problem. I also have my ground going strait to the battery just cuts out all the BS.

I have been running my RR strait to my battery with a 30 amp fuse in line for years & never had a problem. I also have my ground going strait to the battery just cuts out all the BS.

Yep...it "bypass'" the crimp, so there is no voltage lost.

I have that set up too but,my wire to the main 30amp fuse still gets pretty hot and I dont understand why?.

Back