Michigan youth hunt...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
September 25th and 26th was MI youth deer hunting weekend. My 12 year old son finally was old enough to deer hunt with his .243 rifle. He has been working up to this hunt since he was 5 years old by following me through the woods bird hunting with our Brittany, target practice at the range, hunters safety class when he was 10, and small game hunting for two seasons. When it came down to crunch time it all paid off with a 50 yard clean shot. Although we both enjoy the great outdoors, the time spent together is priceless!

Attachments

• alex first deer 001.jpg
    alex first deer 001.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 17
Thats great...
Your son will probably grow up hunting his whole life thanks to you,
His first succesful deer hunt with his dad will never be forgotten, i will never forget mine.

congrats to both of you :clapping:

That's a cool story. Enjoy every minute you can with your son. They really do grow up too fast.

That is FANTASTIC !!! My Son used to hunt with me, but when he started high school he discovered girls & football. Maybe someday we'll go together again. Great for you guys - enjoy every minute. You're living the dream.

Congrats to both of you. Our youth day is coming in Nov. I hope my boy will score his first deer this year too.

Back