Military Suplus Ammo..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Hey Americans..

Are you guys having trouble finding Mil-surplus Ammo?
I can't find any .30-06 or 7.62x51mm

Seems to have run dry :(

I have found some places where I can still get 7.62x51mm but it's in the states - and most businesses will not ship to any other country.
As a Canadian I am able to transport 5000 and under rounds into Canada - as long as it's not something like tracer rounds and such...

Yeah good luck you can thank Obama for the shortage. I have no idea where to buy ammo is your country but down here gander mountain always has what I heed. heres the link:
www.GanderMountain.com

i hear ya, had no luck finding any 7.65x54r here and ended up getting a bunch in the states. man they have tons of it, just gotta drive down and get some. i havent seen tracers up here since the late 90's wish i had some...........

you are about 5-6 years too late on surplus 30.06, although I think you can get it from the CMP still. It's expensive though.

7.62x51 (.308) is available from time to time, bit it's crazy expensive.

I buy almost all of my ammo from the sportsman's guide. I just watch for sales and specials. I haven't bought much other than 5.45x39 recently though.

good luck

Hey guys!

I have been researching for the past few days...
The info is conflicting. I have read official Canadian government website info - but I have also read contradicting info.

I am not too interested in becoming a felon in the states - as I do like to visit my neighbors...

Looks like I am going to have to look into this a little harder..

Believe it or not, the local Walmarts are getting their inventory back to normal around here. I'm buying Remington core-loct 150 & 180 gn 30.06 for 17.99 a box. They also have Winchester jsp 150 or 180 for the same price. We've been pretty dry for well over a year now.

I am in the process of trading a 30-06 for a 8mm Mauser. If I do, I may make a deal w/ ya. Got some Lake City '69.

BTW boys n girls, if you shoot 7.62x39, SK, AK, J and G Sales have a special on Yugo corrosive. It ends up 18 cents a pop, delivered. Some of us in my shop went together and got some. Got it yesterday. Looks good. Again, this equals out to a box of 20 costing 3.80. They come in 15 rd boxes, sealed case of 1260. Sale only for this month. J and G is out of AZ. Another good reason to buy.:thumbs up:

Yeah, I looked into bringing rounds back. I read the 5000 round section as well - however the illegal part is exporting the ammo from the states to Canada.

An export permit is required to do so.

I've been looking into this a lot the past few days. Joined a site called canadiangunnutz.com and have pretty much come to the conclusion it's too much effort to get ammo from the states. I think I am going to start reloading I guess.

Or I can just shoot an SKS because the we can still get mil surplus corrosive. 1200 rounds for 200 or sometging like that

Slowly but surely Canadians are losing their rights to firearms as well.

Why the government is so dead set on disarming it's law abiding populous is what makes me wonder...

I realize we have some gun crime - but most is committed in the low Income / gang infested areas. They are killing themselves to further their stakes in the drug business

My shooting old rifles and .22 rimfire in the bush a couple times a year gets governments all nervous...really makes one wonder.

You can't blame gun crime on availabilty of firearms. Look at the swiss!

The most striking argument is that the majority of gun crime in Canada is committed with US unregistered / smuggled handguns. It isn't comitted my registered rifles and shot guns. Or our registered hand guns for that matter.

The idiots killing each other (and sadly, the occassional bystander) are not registered gun owners. So why does the government keep punishing the responsible gun owners in Canada?

How that for a rant? :)

Until my computer went hoots up, I had a site saved that updated and gave the prices of ammo for sale. It went from cheapest to most expensive, and who had it. You could click on the company's site from there. You can also choose the cal to search for. You should be able to Google it up. If I find time in the near future, I'll see if I can find it.

And you weren't ranting, ghostntheshell. If I weren't soooo tired, I give my spill. There's a method to the madness. It's called captivity, in a nutshell. Always someone who wants it all. I don't even want to be in charge of myself, let alone tell tons of other folks what to do, and when.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of places in the states for ammo. Lot's - and it's usually half the price we pay here.

Exporting ammo just doesn't seem possible... so many hoops.

It just drives me nuts because the ammo is legal here and in the states. Nothing illegal about any of it. On both sides.

Anyways guys - I bought me a toy to keep me happy.

Mossberg 590A1

SWEET! What model number?

Yeah, I know there are a lot of places in the states for ammo. Lot's - and it's usually half the price we pay here.

Exporting ammo just doesn't seem possible... so many hoops.

It just drives me nuts because the ammo is legal here and in the states. Nothing illegal about any of it. On both sides.

Anyways guys - I bought me a toy to keep me happy.

Mossberg 590A1

Its the 590a1 with ghost rings and 9 shots :) parkerized and made like a brick sh*t house!

Bayonet lug on it too - although cool - I don't think I'll have much of a use for it

Latest posts

Back