Mirrors, what do you think ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put bolts in the holes on the masters after I krylon blacked them. The reverse thread bolt can be hard to come by but I had one. Alot of weedeaters use reverse thread bolts to hold the heads on so I had one that came with a universal trimmer head. It was called a pivotrim.

I'm taken by the bar end mirror idea. Yes, I too am tired of looking at my shoulders. I just got a new pair of Kuryakyn Iso Grips on my new/old MAX, and I'd like to know the ABC's of installing these types of mirrors. Thanks in advance for insights!!

Alf

Here are some colorful allen head cap covers: http://www.probolt-usa.com/Products/Almunium_push_on_buttons_cup_washers Note: I have not used this vendor.
Here are some allen head cap covers (near bottom of page) from Mike Sayers. Mike is VMOA's Membership Coordinator, just a FYI.
http://www.mikesayers.com/vmax/screws.htm Note: I have used a number of bolts and caps from Mike, they are of good quality and a fair price.
While on a roll here are a couple other vendors that offer various type of fasteners for the Vmax.
1. I have not used this vendor-http://www.desmoparts.com/yamaha/vmax/vmax.htm
2.I have not used this vendor and turn off your speakers- http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/motorcycle.htm
3. I have not purchased from this vendor- http://www.mcmaster.com/

Here's what the first ones look like installed.

Attachments

• Moore park Aug 2 2008 (33).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (33).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (23).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (23).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 53
Here's what the first ones look like installed.
**Warning!** Diverting off topic! You will be returned to the posted thread topic after this brief intermission. Thank-you for your continued patience!
Damn, forgot what I was going to ask now.......:biglaugh:

Ok, memory is back....I see ya have one of Gary Spradley's reflector tailights or at least it looks like one. How do you like it for brightness in the daylight? How was his quality? I contacted him this last fall about getting one done but he said his machinist buddy lost use of his CNC machine.
Is there anyone here that would consider making one or maybe a run of em?
Reverting back to main topic now, thank-you for your time!:worthy:

I'm taken by the bar end mirror idea. Yes, I too am tired of looking at my shoulders. I just got a new pair of Kuryakyn Iso Grips on my new/old MAX, and I'd like to know the ABC's of installing these types of mirrors. Thanks in advance for insights!!

Alf

IMO It's the only way to go. It gets rid of the "dumbo ear" look and you can actually see behind you. In IA it's legal to run with only the left mirror so that's all I have. I bought a CRG black mirror and it's great.

If memory serves though... You can't use ISO's with bar end mirrors. I may be wrong though.

Chris

Bar end are the best. I have a cheap ebay pair and love them. There are prettier ones out there but functionally they are great. I would love a pair of oberons but they are out of my price range these days.

Chime in please if you think ISO'S don't allow the use of a bar end mirror. It's a scandal!!!!

U can use bar ends with the Kuryakyn Iso Grips. Take the end cap off and use the dremel to make hole just a tad bigger than i.d. of bar. I done my flame grips that way. Used the ones off of ebay, worth $16.00 + s& h.

im in the market for mirrors if anyone has some clean looking ones they want to get rid of, looking for grips also, both of my mirrors are scuffed and i cant stand my bike not looking clean!1!!!1

im in the market for mirrors if anyone has some clean looking ones they want to get rid of, looking for grips also, both of my mirrors are scuffed and i cant stand my bike not looking clean!1!!!1

you want the stockers? you can have mine.

i have some like-new OEM grips. PM me if interested.

if no takers on the stockers, i need one, broke mine last year, gravity along with sidestand in gravel are a bitch sometimes.

which side? i have one. i'll have to check when i get home.

**Warning!** Diverting off topic! You will be returned to the posted thread topic after this brief intermission. Thank-you for your continued patience!
Damn, forgot what I was going to ask now.......:biglaugh:

Ok, memory is back....I see ya have one of Gary Spradley's reflector tailights or at least it looks like one. How do you like it for brightness in the daylight? How was his quality? I contacted him this last fall about getting one done but he said his machinist buddy lost use of his CNC machine.
Is there anyone here that would consider making one or maybe a run of em?
Reverting back to main topic now, thank-you for your time!:worthy:

Yes it is from Gary, Quality and performance are top's. It slid right in, the LED's are bright and he offers several different styles like brake blink combo's etc. I bet he'll tell you where he got the LED's from if you're gonna have someone else make a billet bracket for you.

Attachments

• 3, Tail lights on.jpg
    3, Tail lights on.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 4, Brake lights on.jpg
    4, Brake lights on.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Billet 12.jpg
    Billet 12.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back