Mirrors???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newklear

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Well, things are progressing on my '01......

Rick has the new MaxGasser seat in the works with some cool silver VMAX stitching. That'll be here Ina few weeks.

The new swing arm just came in from Mike at UFO Performance Products.

And Sandy at Kosman should have the rear wheel by now for modification to accept a radial, so it should all come together by the time we thaw out up here in NH, though at -9 and dropping fast, I wonder if spring will ever make it!

One problem that I haven't seen talked about are the rear view mirrors on the VMAX. Mine show me a nice view of my shoulders and cannot be adjusted to see anything worthwhile.

Got any suggestions for replacements? I've seen the end-of-the-handle-bar ones......don't really like the looks of those......

Thanks! And think Spring!!!!

You don't see many people go back to standard mirrors after switching to good bar ends. Especially if they are big and/or have wide shoulders.

The reason is that your view is totally unobstructed. You can see next to you on either side and the views converge to show your lane behind you.

There are quite a few different designs out there.......I personally like the look of having nothing sticking up off off the bars like lollipops, it makes the bike look lower and sleeker IMO.

DSCN4364.jpg

986_4232.jpg

I like the look of those bar ends, but think I would break them off quickly as I split traffic all the time.

I have stock Gen2 mirrors on my Gen1 and they work great. No issue seeing behind me and a very well made mirror, especially compared to a lot of Ebay junk out there.

Mike

I have stock Gen2 mirrors on my Gen1 and they work great. No issue seeing behind me and a very well made mirror, especially compared to a lot of Ebay junk out there.

Mike

Same here, got Gen II's on the XJ and '86. I don't understand why they improve the site picture as all the dimensions are identical with the Gen I mirrors...but they do.

I love bar end mirrors for their function and the looks. I can see directly behind me and great angle of view on the sides b. I switched to the foldable type since I broke the last set. They are cheap enough to tryout.
Steve-o

These are the Trident bar end mirrors I got off ebay. They fit on the ISO grips

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 31
You don't see many people go back to standard mirrors after switching to good bar ends. Especially if they are big and/or have wide shoulders.

The reason is that your view is totally unobstructed. You can see next to you on either side and the views converge to show your lane behind you.

There are quite a few different designs out there.......I personally like the look of having nothing sticking up off off the bars like lollipops, it makes the bike look lower and sleeker IMO.

View attachment 41130

View attachment 41131

Do you have a link to post for locating those mirrors?

Latest posts

Back