Modified exhaust with 3/4 holes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
Folks,
If this is old news forgive me I'm new to your forum. I got the basic idea from your achives but I decided to go with a 3/4 hole and replace the rivets with stainless steel screws. It has a unique sound and runs like a bear.

Y.I.T.

Last edited:
Folks,
If this is old news forgive me I'm new to your forum. I got the basic idea from your achives but I decided to go with a 3/4 hole and replace the rivets with stainless steel screws. It has a unique sound and runs like a bear.

Y.I.T.
Welcome to the forum! I had 1/2" holes behind my exhaust caps, spaced out a1/4" with washers and riveted in place with SS rivets. It sounded a lot better for sure, but still was not exactly what I was looking for. This past winter I purchased Mark's SS exhaust with 12" cans and 2.25" outlets. It sounds just like a built small block!:punk: Not as cheap as the drilling method but worth it IMO!

Thanks, A full exhaust with either a jet kit or new carbs is planned for the future but I needed to make a little noise now! Do you have a pic of your exhaust?

Yankee

Back from the dead.

Still trying to find out if the drilling of the stockers is my first step.

Any sound clips?

Brian

Back