Modified exhaust with 3/4 holes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
Folks,
If this is old news forgive me I'm new to your forum. I got the basic idea from your achives but I decided to go with a 3/4 hole and replace the rivets with stainless steel screws. It has a unique sound and runs like a bear.

Y.I.T.

Last edited:
Folks,
If this is old news forgive me I'm new to your forum. I got the basic idea from your achives but I decided to go with a 3/4 hole and replace the rivets with stainless steel screws. It has a unique sound and runs like a bear.

Y.I.T.
Welcome to the forum! I had 1/2" holes behind my exhaust caps, spaced out a1/4" with washers and riveted in place with SS rivets. It sounded a lot better for sure, but still was not exactly what I was looking for. This past winter I purchased Mark's SS exhaust with 12" cans and 2.25" outlets. It sounds just like a built small block!:punk: Not as cheap as the drilling method but worth it IMO!

Thanks, A full exhaust with either a jet kit or new carbs is planned for the future but I needed to make a little noise now! Do you have a pic of your exhaust?

Yankee

Back from the dead.

Still trying to find out if the drilling of the stockers is my first step.

Any sound clips?

Brian

Latest posts

Back