motor mount issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
I am installing motor back in with new solid motor mounts. I am running into a snag with my rear motor mounts. The stock bolt is bigger od than the id of the solid motor mounts. Do I have the wrong size solid mount or should I just get a smaller od bolt and go all the way through with a washer and nut on the back side? The stock bolt screws into the nut welded to the frame support on back inside.
Thanks in advance:ummm:

Attachments

• DSC_0016[1].jpg
    DSC_0016[1].jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0014[1].jpg
    DSC_0014[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
two mounts should have a larger hole that that bolt will fit thru. 4 should be the other size. iwanna say its like 10mm vs 12mm or 12 mm vs 14 mm...

with the delrin ones I have the rear ones are identified by the hole size plus the flange is not a full circle, it is missing a notch.

altho given the choice, i wouldn't do solid mounts. know a few guys who feel the same. plenty of more who feel opposite tho.

well crap lol I better give it a good look then. probably installed the larger 2 in the wrong place. I'll let ya know

yea, i wonder if the bigger hole ones are shaped different, might be easy to tell which is that one if the flange is flat instead of having a slight taper as yours appear to in the front....

well you are correct. Only I can't see any difference as far as on the flange part. I will be pulling 2 back out. Luckly enough I put 1 of the larger id's in the correct spot lol Thats what I get for getting in a hurry lol

Sorry, I didn't even think about saying something to you about that.

Sean

Well I am back to turning to the right:eusa_dance:
gamorg02 Thanks for your help last night!!
Word of advise- don't start installing your engine at 8pm after driving 8hrs all day lol
No problem Sean:punk: I should have payed attention a little closer
Motor is back in with all motor mount bolts fastened:biglaugh:

Well I am back to turning to the right:eusa_dance:
gamorg02 Thanks for your help last night!!
Word of advise- don't start installing your engine at 8pm after driving 8hrs all day lol
No problem Sean:punk: I should have payed attention a little closer
Motor is back in with all motor mount bolts fastened:biglaugh:

I bet you can't wait to get that installed and running.... it looks nice !!!!

Pictures don't do these engines any justice. The paint always looks wet!

Latest posts

Back