Motorcycle crash lady driving on the phone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Something for all of us that drive to see and remember. Please put the cell phones down while operating a motor-vehicle. This could be you or you love one's!

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.
The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners and especially everyone you know who has a MOBILE phone!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Save a life. Stop talking on mobile phones and Text-ing while trying to drive.
The life you save may be your own..... Or mine...

Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a mobile PHONE while driving

motorcyclecrashpic.jpg

Attachments

• motorcycle crash pic.jpg
    motorcycle crash pic.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
They have a car like that over sea's that they tour around but that one he was going faster every one was killed.

There's a lot of conflicting information surrounding this....reports I read say it happened near Stockholm Sweden in 2003 (I think it was). Initial reports mentioned nothing about a cell phone and Swedish police calculated the speed of the bike at about 155 mph, which actually seems a little more realistic.

But it definitely happened, everyone involved was killed, and the car/bike is displayed at various fairs.

I always wondered how they got it cleaned up, must have been a horrific mess inside! Glad I wasn't on that call! :worthy:

There's a lot of conflicting information surrounding this....reports I read say it happened near Stockholm Sweden in 2003 (I think it was). Initial reports mentioned nothing about a cell phone and Swedish police calculated the speed of the bike at about 155 mph, which actually seems a little more realistic.

But it definitely happened, everyone involved was killed, and the car/bike is displayed at various fairs.

I always wondered how they got it cleaned up, must have been a horrific mess inside! Glad I wasn't on that call! :worthy:

I got the info off the net just now. That was the right up on it.

I never seen anything like that in my life time.

Danny you was right I did some more checking there's miss info on the net about the crash. Thanks

I got the info off the net just now. That was the right up on it.

I never seen anything like that in my life time.

Danny you was right I did some more checking there's miss info on the net about the crash. Thanks

Whatever happened....it was massive, that's for sure!! And according to the Swedish police report it did flip the car over! Whew!!

Saw that picture plus others in an article in 2005. Below is that article:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came
into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second.With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

Attachments

• MC Wreck 1.jpg
    MC Wreck 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
  • MC Wreck 2.jpg
    MC Wreck 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
  • MC Wreck 3.jpg
    MC Wreck 3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 34
  • MC Wreck 4.jpg
    MC Wreck 4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 32
That Hurts. I hit an Oldsmobile similarly but only about 70 mph.
It's only hurt for the past 44 years. Estimated 3-4,000 fractures
to my face, jaw and head. Talking and Texting while driving, those
people deserve to be shot.

This is why women and old people shouldn't drive. Unless this guy was going mach speed I would have seen and heard him coming from a mile away.

First thing I check when I pull up behind or next to a car is if the driver is on a phone...then I take evasive action...I trust NO ONE !

I'm also very against people using phones in cars without hands-free - it's downright stupid and more dangerous than driving drunk or with your eyes closed.

But these pictures and this story are more about some squid speeding like crazy somewhere he should have never been, and there's nothing anywhere to say anyone in the VW car was anything but a complete victim.

155mph on a track day - yea for sure, count me in. On a public road that even has side streets, WTF!?

Latest posts

Back