Motorcycle rim/tire protectors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for all of the great answers. Yall have definitely given me some thoughts on what to try......and some things that haven't worked for yall.

Thanks again everyone.

I like those videos showing a guy setting the tire bead using an aerosol combustible spray, but I would never do that myself.

I have about five different sets of tire irons, and the one I like best is a Motion Pro all-metal one, probably close-to 18" long, a metal handle on one end and a wide spoon on the other. I use it w/another pair of long irons, which have a long, shallow curved segment on one end, and a little turned-up lip on the other.

Yes to the lube, I use a generic form of KY and it stays in my toolbox, you wisenheimers! Since it's water-soluble, it is kind to any rubber items you need to work with.

I like those videos showing a guy setting the tire bead using an aerosol combustible spray, but I would never do that myself.

I have about five different sets of tire irons, and the one I like best is a Motion Pro all-metal one, probably close-to 18" long, a metal handle on one end and a wide spoon on the other. I use it w/another pair of long irons, which have a long, shallow curved segment on one end, and a little turned-up lip on the other.

This iron?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G...+Tire+Iron&dpPl=1&dpID=31O4oSF8yKL&ref=plSrch

I've had a few of those for years. I snapped the tips off while changing an old, crusty tire from the cr500. I walked into the local motorcycle shop and they gave me new ones. I was pleasantly surprised.

I've used the old starting fluid trick to seat a bead plenty of times. The wheel barrow and lawn tractor are the only two things that piss me off enough to not care if they catch fire.

Typically, the wheel barrow tire would blow off in the spring the first time I used it cause I forgot to air it up after sitting all winter. That's not a concern anymore since it now has a filled tire that will never go flat!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back