My 05 has finally been tuned

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxed

Reaction score
It took my tuner more than 2 weeks because of the rain we have had in Texas but I finally got it back.

My Max has 1695 miles and the only mod is the HMF exhaust. It put down 116.9 un-corrected to the rear tire on very crappy air.

I'm going to get it re-dyno'd in the fall with SAE corrected numbers, hopefully it will be closer to 120.

-Allen

It took my tuner more than 2 weeks because of the rain we have had in Texas but I finally got it back.

My Max has 1695 miles and the only mod is the HMF exhaust. It put down 116.9 un-corrected to the rear tire on very crappy air.

I'm going to get it re-dyno'd in the fall with SAE corrected numbers, hopefully it will be closer to 120.

-Allen

Looks like you need to change your signature then...

I am waiting till I get more miles on mine to dyno it... I have about 1400 on it now and I know that it is still loosening up...

So no jet kit or anything?:ummm:

Looks like you need to change your signature then...

I am waiting till I get more miles on mine to dyno it... I have about 1400 on it now and I know that it is still loosening up...

So no jet kit or anything?:ummm:
I think he used a stage 1 jet kit, not really sure what all is included though...

-Allen

if you had it dynoed using a dynojet machine it already corrected the numbers so don't expect much of a change due to that. If you want to get a bit more number toss in a jet size or two smaller (or get a better jet kit).

Sean Morley

I specifically asked him the numbers were SAE corrected, he said no that he likes to tune un-corrected.

-Allen

doesn't make any sense to me. It's only a number and has nothing to do with how you tune it. The number is corrected so that it can be compared to other machines across the country and even the same machine on different days as the numbers will change with conditions. You can get a calculator and do the math but that's simply a hassle.

Sean

Latest posts

Back