My 1985 PCW restoration monkeying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cruel F/M....damn cruel! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I learned how to drive & ride being raised in western NY and living through all those winters is a big part of why I live in south FL! You get to ride all-year-round, though I find myself not riding as-much as I once did in the summer because you just bake in the heat, and then it rains. After that, the humidity skyrockets. Sometimes it seems like the humidity doesn't dip-below 80% for weeks on-end. That-said, it's often hotter in the Midwest during the summer than it is here, because of the proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulfstream.

You guys should be riding by the middle of April, and here it is! Is the salt washed-off the roads yet? A couple frog-chokers should take care of that.

Attachments

• Mr Toad.doc
    85 KB · Views: 8
I learned how to drive & ride being raised in western NY and living through all those winters is a big part of why I live in south FL! You get to ride all-year-round, though I find myself not riding as-much as I once did in the summer because you just bake in the heat, and then it rains. After that, the humidity skyrockets. Sometimes it seems like the humidity doesn't dip-below 80% for weeks on-end. That-said, it's often hotter in the Midwest during the summer than it is here, because of the proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulfstream.

You guys should be riding by the middle of April, and here it is! Is the salt washed-off the roads yet? A couple frog-chokers should take care of that.

Yeah, your dues are paid in full F/M....done yer time in snow country fer sure!

Actually, I wouldn't trade with you cause the heat just flattens me....no idea how those guys in Oklahoma or Texas do it....I'd fall over at the first red light! :biglaugh:

'Course, the real problem comes in cause I don't like the cold either....guess I'm just double screwed....:ummm: :rofl_200:

Love the blue anodizing Matt, gonna look great with that deep black paint!! Are you going to paint the rotor centers?

I thought about during the rear. Kind of like the blue black and gold look on the front. I don't know I just want to get the thing together now.. I still have a lot to do

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I thought about during the rear. Kind of like the blue black and gold look on the front. I don't know I just want to get the thing together now.. I still have a lot to do

The gold will look nice....no idea why Yamaha didn't do the rear ones gold too....:confused2:

Gold is from newer bike they used to be silver in front. My rear is from 85 lol

I like the anodizing and could live with that no problem. As gas at powdercoating goes, I guess I got lucky around the top triple washer area as I taped it just to keep the hole clear and sprayed the washer land/flat or whatever you call it. I did mess up a side mount plate set up coating the outside of the axle adapter fitting. At least it's a small part so aircraft finish remover it is!
Can't wait to start getting some of your assembly update pics.

I can ifficually say I have one of a kind custom rim. You probably won't find another like it in the world. :)

They actually did have a gold carrier rotor from the late 80's up to the early 90's. They were a much lighter and more gold colored then the later rotors which are darker in my opinion. Plus they were not available in the lighter gold for the larger rotors. Just Silver, Black, and Gold for those years. The rears came in the light gold, black, and silver.

The different color tones may also have to do with the time they let the part sit in the dye. The more time is kept there the more intense/darker it gets.

Everything back from powdercoating. :D can't wait to get my baby back together!!! Now just money for 2 tires and ill be ready to go
uploadfromtaptalk1366750217592.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367290494557.jpg

Slowly but surely getting closers!!! Just a slight teaser. :D its gonna be sweet!!!! Besides finding blues to match... oh well there's way to many shades of blue out there

Not bad for my first time painting with HVLP gun. Single stage napa urethane
uploadfromtaptalk1367504511379.jpg

Looks good Matt. Better hurry up before the weather turns. This is WNY you know. :eusa_dance:

:punk:Nice, you better put something sticky on your ass. Looks like you Armoralled the seat? Will be very slick. Good Luck, Spurs

:punk:Nice, you better put something sticky on your ass. Looks like you Armoralled the seat? Will be very slick. Good Luck, Spurs

Armoralled seat???? There is no seat lol im confused :ummm: are you talking about my fender I painted??? Or you talking about my maxgasser back on page 6??? Thats brand new no armoraal lol im smarter than that!!!!

Latest posts

Back