My 1985 PCW restoration monkeying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the can would be perfect for painting engine with say the Eastwood 2 part engine paint I painted mine with.. less overspray mist too compared to air gun... only reason why I used it is because I couldn't find the one guys paint gun at work. :( got the preval at aces hardware down the road

Couple more pictures... FAILED! The top clamp for triple tree failed to realize the washer for top nut wasn't the the entire size of flat spot so ill have to find a stainless washer that size and polish it up lol..
uploadfromtaptalk1364219122293.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364219132943.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364219142993.jpg
Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I have had great results with powdercoating but had to polish the item with a quality polish and power buffer to do it. My side covers on my 68 Triumph 650 look almost 3 dimensional. Like a black mirror! The powdercoating was professionally done, not a home unit so I don't know if that makes a difference.
I also have had parts powder coated from a professional & a home set up . There is a huge diference between the 2 & yes the professional powder coating was much nicer & such a better gloss but I still say can't beat paint..

Yea PC is nice but I didn't want to have to take everything apart for baking. I was going to get alot of my stuff PC but after talking to a place that does PC and Anodizing he convinced me to go anodizing with all the polished aluminum. The hard coat black anodizing im getting done is pritty much scratch resistant and it will never chip.. they have there stuff in the flordia test still for fading its been 5 yrs and no fading yet

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1365906365851.jpg

Came home from TX and the monkey raided my bank account while I was gone... but he forgot 4 other packages he must be on horse back delivering them. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

View attachment 35771

Came home from TX and the monkey raided my bank account while I was gone... but he forgot 4 other packages he must be on horse back delivering them. :D

You have more of 'em, but my "what's in the box?" boxes are bigger!:biglaugh:

We all want to see the contents!

Anodized parts? Open 'em man, open them!! :punk:

Nope anodized is monday very nervious the place said everything didnt come out the exact same shade..... because of the differences in the japanese cast aluminum . I may be throwing a hissy fit if it looks like shit because there saying $450.

It is all chrome bolts for rims, new levers, instrument LED, new front exactrep fender for 17" rims, and my fwd control from sean that got chromed which looks amazing :clapping:

Yer gonna have to take a week off Matt....gonna need it to open all the packages you got coming and start bolting stuff on! :clapping:

Guess the weather being crappy like it is isn't that big a hassle for you....eh? I went out yesterday and 'bout froze my butt off!:bang head:....you aren't missing a damn thing!

I know... my bike will not touch road till im 100% sure all salt is gone... which most of it is. We got 3" of rain last week!!

Yer gonna have to take a week off Matt....gonna need it to open all the packages you got coming and start bolting stuff on! :clapping:

Guess the weather being crappy like it is isn't that big a hassle for you....eh? I went out yesterday and 'bout froze my butt off!:bang head:....you aren't missing a damn thing!

Man, I know what you guys mean! It's a bitch here, the pool is only at 85 degrees F and I really wanted it at 86 to go in today. Maybe in the afternoon. I was cleaning the mamey fruit tree leaves out of the pool when I checked it, maybe I'll make a mamey/banana/OJ 'smoothie' to reward myself for the good pool cleaning. My Hayward Navigator pool robot is doing the 'small-stuff.' The only time we get salt (and fish!) on the roads here is when we have tropical storms and/or unusually-high tides on A1A, the N-S road along the coastline (search Jimmy Buffet for 'A1A').

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 21
I know... my bike will not touch road till im 100% sure all salt is gone... which most of it is. We got 3" of rain last week!!

Your good with the salt Matt. I spent three nights at work this week in major down pours With 35 degree temps.

Got my FWD control from sean and its amazing!!
uploadfromtaptalk1365971689069.jpg
See the bottom heal shifter that was welded on
uploadfromtaptalk1365971701332.jpg
Here's it chromed :D

Man, I know what you guys mean! It's a bitch here, the pool is only at 85 degrees F and I really wanted it at 86 to go in today. Maybe in the afternoon. I was cleaning the mamey fruit tree leaves out of the pool when I checked it, maybe I'll make a mamey/banana/OJ 'smoothie' to reward myself for the good pool cleaning. My Hayward Navigator pool robot is doing the 'small-stuff.' The only time we get salt (and fish!) on the roads here is when we have tropical storms and/or unusually-high tides on A1A, the N-S road along the coastline (search Jimmy Buffet for 'A1A').

That's cruel F/M....damn cruel! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Got my FWD control from sean and its amazing!!
View attachment 35784
See the bottom heal shifter that was welded on
View attachment 35785
Here's it chromed :D

Slick! :thumbs up:

Nice touch with the blue hoses too! :clapping:

I can understand your reluctance to take it out in the salt...me, I friggin' hate salt, drive an old '98 GMC cause I won't put a new truck out there in it!! :bang head:

Not sure what fishes would do to it tho...:ummm:

Well I got my annodized parts back!! Well my rim stuff long story on cheap Japanese Aluminum and anodizing it don't mix! There getting powder coated now. But here's the rims..
uploadfromtaptalk1366070811646.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366070827761.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366070838460.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366070850036.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366070860771.jpg

As you can see there is two shades of blue the reason for this is there is two different grades of aluminum which sucks but I can live with it. It doesn't look bad but I'm super excited another 3 weeks hopefully she will be back together!

Latest posts

Back