My son taken to Hospital

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clapping:Wow, what great news... And as I said this group is here for ya.... something like five posts while I was pecking away my post... VMaxers you rule!!:punk:

Shane, give him a big hug (kick his can tomorrow)and send him to bed. hug the wife and be greatful for a positive outcome.

Dave

I turned to this forum last night to try to keep my mind busy so I would not think too much about what 'could' be wrong, or how bad it could be. You guys did not let me down :) and for that I wish to express my heart felt gratitude to each and everyone of you!
I woke my son up at 3am this morning, I needed to make sure who new who he was, who I was and was responsive...well, as responsive as one can be when woken at 3am with a head injury! I was pleased he immediately knew me, and himself, he even went as far as to say he was feeling better. :):)

Thanks again guys!!!!

Shane

Sorry to hear about it and hope there isn't any big problems from it. I had my fair share of knarly bumps and bruises and a couple really bad spills (remind them not to skateboard/tow behind a bicycle with a rope - then another time where head met a truck bumper sneaking up on my brother and tripped (I was puking for a couple of days on that one).

Hopefully he will just learn a lesson and some realization that dad might know a little something. One of my favorite sayings is that "I've been your age, you haven't been mine"

Sean

FOLKS! THIS explains EVERYTHING!!!!

:biglaugh:

Zippo glad the outcome was good. I bet he wears his helmet next time!

I've always said... You can't tell them anything. They HAVE to learn for themselves.

yea, definintely keep an eye on him. i've had a few head injuries, and they always told my roommates to keep checking on me, sleep is good to recover but def waking up once or twice a night for the next few days can't hurt. also keep an eye out if he starts getting very very sleepy. glad it was [relatively] good news man!

I turned to this forum last night to try to keep my mind busy so I would not think too much about what 'could' be wrong, or how bad it could be. You guys did not let me down :) and for that I wish to express my heart felt gratitude to each and everyone of you!
I woke my son up at 3am this morning, I needed to make sure who new who he was, who I was and was responsive...well, as responsive as one can be when woken at 3am with a head injury! I was pleased he immediately knew me, and himself, he even went as far as to say he was feeling better. :):)

Thanks again guys!!!!

Shane

Good news there.....glad I could help in some small way.....:clapping:

glad to hear he's feeling better :clapping:. He wont forget about it especially after about 6 months or a year even, the last bit of swelling goes down off the brain and he'll have a pretty good headache for a few days. I've had lots and ya makes you think back on what you did......

No major brain damage or swelling, he has a bad concussion..... they are on there way home. :)

Great news! I'm in late on this thread, but as a father of 2 I also know what you were going through when you got that call! I'm sure that is why kids are so resilient when it comes to accidents... makes for a great way for them to learn.

Back