My two babes... Yeti and Grizzly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... Time for new updates... My billet is coming through. Today the lower triple was cut (at least the holes and outline for fitting purposes). This weekend it will go on the bike to check level and then press into the upper one...

lowertriple2.jpg

lowertriple4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9pbgG7_wU

in place, fits nicely. Now just work out the suspensions to go get some extra height on them...

02042011369.jpg

02042011370.jpg

Nice work! Wish I had the skills and tools you have.

Nothing like that mate... I just have ideas and how to get them in practice... just that...

Well, new updates. The trees are done and this week they'll go for polish. New ideas are on hand with new one off clip-ons, steering damper and new angel eye headlights. The forks were extended about 4cms for a leveled finish and work as a charm... Need to get the oil level on spot now. Next week will go for new one off rearsets and one off rear brake bracket with new rotor. Pictures to follow...

08042011372.jpg

08042011373.jpg

08042011374.jpg

08042011377.jpg

09042011379.jpg

09042011380.jpg

angeleyeswhitebigtwinle.jpg

Now polished and in place. Waiting on new bearings and the rim to come from the powdercoating. All teh bolts went to plating and the visible ones to replace for SS... Now pressing with the fender mod...

18042011408.jpg

18042011406.jpg

18042011407.jpg

18042011405.jpg

18042011409.jpg

18042011404.jpg

18042011403.jpg

18042011410.jpg

Looks great!
Seems like you figured a way to make the stock speedometer gear to work with the R1 forks. I'd like to get figure out a way to get it to work with a '08 Busa front end. The forks don't have the extra width between the tubes that yours do. They width is the stock busa dimension. Just doesn't seem to be enough room in between the fork leg and wheel to make it happen. :ummm:

Thats looking sweet,Fred.......:punk:

How long before she's ridable? What wheel you using up front there?

Looks great!
Seems like you figured a way to make the stock speedometer gear to work with the R1 forks. I'd like to get figure out a way to get it to work with a '08 Busa front end. The forks don't have the extra width between the tubes that yours do. They width is the stock busa dimension. Just doesn't seem to be enough room in between the fork leg and wheel to make it happen. :ummm:

The thing is that the wheel im using (GSXR) uses the very same setup as the max and uses rotors with offset but in order not to change the speedometer cable i kept the max one (and its slimmer as well). I had to do an adapter to fit on the wheel hub on one side and the speedometer gear on the other. Im using spacers in order to fit the wider tire but because i went with flat rotors the spacers have to compensate for the rotors lack of offset (the offset allows for easier speedo gear fitting). Eventhough and regarding the fact that Kawasaki uses one of the smaller inner diameter rotors i was able to fit the gear, kinda snug though. The R1 forks im using (5VY) allow for gear fitting (the radial calipers are the ones that may prevent from fitting the gear). I don't know the Busa setup but from the top of my head there can be a way to fit the gear, either by using offset rotors (older CBR for instance) with a wheel with smaller hub cross length - you can always keep the fender - they are all the same diameter and width or rotors with bigger inner diameter where one can fit the gear inside . The main issue to fit the gear is the distance from the fork bottom to the rotor face... and the offset allow to get a bigger distance between the fork bottom to the rotor bolting face... It was kind of confusing but i think its understandable...

Thats looking sweet,Fred.......:punk:

How long before she's ridable? What wheel you using up front there?

Hey Neil

Im using GSXR wheel both rear and front. Tomorrow i'll go pick up my wheels from the Pcoating and take some pics. I hope to have it finished within a month or so (working on weekends only :confused2:). The plan now is to finish the plastics, set the headlights and speedo, order brake lines and some other trivial stuff like brake reservoirs, CNC handles, etc. After that i'll focus on rearsets and double caliper rearbrake with 310mm rotor same as front... Lets see if it works... lol
Too much at the same time... If i had your time i'd be getting this done earlier... :biglaugh: but i have time... My deadline is June... Lets see...

Back to business... today i got the full front assembled for the first time. Still missing some minor items but everything is working mint. Wheel perfectly powdercoated with rotors set and tested, speedo gear working great (with this tire it will be marking 5% more on the speedo), new bearings, ZX14 masters look nice and the clip-on mirror (a bit wide but ok).
One minor detail. If you ever send to plating any part that has to abide by certain specs, like bolts and spindles or stems (bearings to fit) make sure the guy that does that won't put too much stuff and the layer gets so thick that you won't be able to fit bearings or tighten bolts... Took me more than a hour to get everything back to spec... Here some pics... Sorry i didn't remove the tape but i do not want to blemish the polish (LOL) when working on lighting and speedo bracket...

Wheel coming from Pcoating

30042011411.jpg

My ZX14 rotors

30042011413.jpg

ZX14 master

30042011414.jpg

Pressing the steering stem into place

30042011430.jpg

In place and ready to bolt

30042011429.jpg

The assembly

img1475r.jpg

img1477n.jpg

img1478r.jpg

img1479yl.jpg

img1480ak.jpg

Notice the speedo gear in place... Tested and approved

img1481w.jpg

img1482oz.jpg

Masters and mirror

img1485wc.jpg

img1486ue.jpg

img1487i.jpg

Been burning some brain cells with this mod... More looks than other thing but i'll probably will have the best rear braking vmax on the planet!... :punk:... I might even have to use a regulator not to lock the rear wheel... will see...
One day i came up with this and thought why not? So here it is... Using the same rotor as in the front but with different calipers. Next week the bracket will be cut, need to come up with a fancy outline for it. Do you think that the Vmax lettering will be looking good or not? Im not completely convinced on that...

travotrs.jpg

travaotraseiro3.jpg

pinas.jpg

prototyppage1.jpg

This gives nothing besides odd look - rear gets blocked anway...

My good friend Prez

Has long as i like it, its like Metallica says - Nothing else matters... I'll see how it behaves and then if its too sharp i'll throw in a reducer on the brakeline... Actually i look at mods in 2 different ways. Improve handling and looks, and this one is for looks actually... I think it would fit nicely with the 300 on the rear...

Looks incredible! I like the logo on the caliper mount, it will give it an extra custom touch (like it needs any more!!). 12 pistons grabbing that disc should be interesting! Keep the pics coming, some of us enjoy them.

Back