Need Drag bars that wont hit the airbox cover!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max0199

Reaction score
Is anybody using drag bars that dont hit the airbox cover(faux gas tank). I have searched this site a quite a bit, and cant find specific bars. I dont have a large budget, So $100 bars are out. Thanks, Brad My max is a 85 if it makes any difference.

Is anybody using drag bars that dont hit the airbox cover(faux gas tank). I have searched this site a quite a bit, and cant find specific bars. I dont have a large budget, So $100 bars are out. Thanks, Brad My max is a 85 if it makes any difference.

Try Python then... I have Flanders bars which are about 70 bucks but they are extra long which makes fitting everything easier and they do not hit my tank.

Morley has a bar that isn't quite a drag bar but it's better than stock.

The bar I have is actually same pullback as dragbar but with a little rise to clear the cover. Basically, exactly what you are looking for. email me for info - [email protected]

Sean

Try Python then... I have Flanders bars which are about 70 bucks but they are extra long which makes fitting everything easier and they do not hit my tank.

Morley has a bar that isn't quite a drag bar but it's better than stock.
I have the Python Motorsports drag bars and they don't hit the tank like Chris mentioned. They are 27", only a 1/2" longer than stock but the price is right. I would first contact Sean to check out his offering as I probably will switch to his bar this winter. His bars are wider than stock, I believe that they are 30" or 31" wide and not much more than the Pythons.
Here are a couple of pictures of my bars and clearances. I have had them on for 2 seasons and they have not hit my faux tank. They probably would hit in full on tank slapper/ wobble, but I would have other problems at that point anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 75
Do the python bars feel wide enough? The stock bars feel completely wrong to me. Is there a difference in how the handlebars fit from the 85-92 as opposed to the 93+?

I just added the Python bars to my max and I have to tell ya, it takes a little getting used to.

Not much leverage, but I am happy with them and they look great.

I did have nuts welded in the ends for bar end mirrors, but that was a breeze.

Do the python bars feel wide enough? The stock bars feel completely wrong to me. Is there a difference in how the handlebars fit from the 85-92 as opposed to the 93+?
They feel good to me, coupled with Sean's seat mod it made the riding position much better from stock. I'm going go to a wider bar to make the clutch and brake lines work/ look better. I don't have any issues with the bars leverage but maybe wider bars with a little rise would make it perfect for me.:confused2:
FYI - I also have progressive lowering springs (2").

I have Sean Morleys superbike bars and love them. Exactly what i was looking for. Give them a try, you wont be disapointed.

In case you wanted to see what Sean's superbike bars look like.......
Can a mod delete the first post of this? I forgot to fix the pictures before I uploaded them. They looked like shit.

Attachments

• superbike_handlebars1.jpg
    superbike_handlebars1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 121
  • superbike_handlebars2.jpg
    superbike_handlebars2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 118
kozy, i thought ur bike was black or white or something.

kozy, i thought ur bike was black or white or something.

The key word in that sentence in "was":banana:

I repainted the whole thing and added some stuff. It's a 1997 so it SHOULD be gray. And it was in the pictures I took a while back and in the video I did of the exhaust. I don't have any pictures of it since the change though. Our camera took a dump. Those were pics with my cell phone which isn't bad....but it's no digital camera.

Maybe I'll shoot some new pics when I go out on lunch today and post them. God knows I'm bored enough here at work anyhow.

The key word in that sentence in "was":banana:

I repainted the whole thing and added some stuff. It's a 1997 so it SHOULD be gray. And it was in the pictures I took a while back and in the video I did of the exhaust. I don't have any pictures of it since the change though. Our camera took a dump. Those were pics with my cell phone which isn't bad....but it's no digital camera.

Maybe I'll shoot some new pics when I go out on lunch today and post them. God knows I'm bored enough here at work anyhow.

see i'm not going crazy! well about that at least. and u should know better. pics are required for everything! even if u add a shim to your needles!

see i'm not going crazy! well about that at least. and u should know better. pics are required for everything! even if u add a shim to your needles!
Umm, Garrett, you've been shimming, changing jets and a whole host of other changes and I've yet to see a picture.:rofl_200:
Yeah, life gets in the way sometimes and pictures don't happen, I know, but thanks kozy for hooking a brother up with a installed pic! :thumbs up:

Umm, Garrett, you've been shimming, changing jets and a whole host of other changes and I've yet to see a picture.
OWNED!!!

Yeah, life gets in the way sometimes and pictures don't happen, I know, but thanks kozy for hooking a brother up with a installed pic! :thumbs up:

Anytime broski! I'm gonna walk out and get me some more pictures here in a minute....It's a completely different bike.

haha i'm just gonna go snap 20 pics of it a claim they are different jets installed

Back on the original subject.

I also have the Superbike bars. I like the little rise in them and I think they feel better than a traditional drag bar. They are also very inexpensive (you can get them for at or under $20), and they don't come anywhere near the tank. :clapping:

Back