Need good tuner in west Ga or East Al.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06Vmaxfan

Reaction score
I added Marks 4-2 exhaust and Sean Morley's carb kit to my 06 Vmax. I had Marietta Motor Sports install and tune the carb kit but the best they could do was 1hp and 3fp of torque over the stock HP. That's a very small gain for the $1500.00 I have invested in the exhaust, carb kit and labor for the install and tune. The bike is running great but very fat according to the dyno sheet. The A/F ratio is 10:1 to 10.5:1 from idle to wot. In fact 10:1 is the lowest is shows so it might be lower than that at idle.

Not only did I pick up just 1hp and 3fp of torque I also went from ruffly 45mpg to 37mpg making for more stops for gas when I ride. :bang head:

I need a recommendation for a shop that can actually tune a bike and not just throw in a fat main jet then tune the needle and pilot to get a straight line A/F ratio on the dyno and call it finished. If I can get the A/F ratio up where it should be it should pick up a good bit of power.

Did you read the whole Morley's Muscle Jet Kit thread, call sean, call Mark, read the stock carb setup thread? You're likely to find most of what you need in those places. Not that there isn't a good tuner in your area. Just sayin...

Get with Sean...he can steer you in the right direction. I wouldnt go back to that shop again.

I added a kerker 4-1, nothing else changed, and picked up 3 hp, and took off the Y on the airbox...and picked up 2 more.

I think I would find a different shop if there saying this is all they can do. If you have a dyno showing you whats going on & you still cant tune it maybe you don't need to be working on bikes. I will admit I do 99% of my tuning on the drag strip I am not a huge dyno fan but a bike should be able to be tuned decent with one.

I got a recommendation via PM and already made a call to them. Hopefully they can jet the bike correctly.

Pulled my plugs today. The bike hasn't been ridden in a week and the plugs are still wet from fuel. Looks like I am way way rich due to the plugs being wet and solid black.

All 4

Front 2

Rear 2

WAYYYYY RICH, as soon as you get it leaned out....your hp and tq will increase.

Traumahawk you have no idea. It's so rich that in the summer months when it's typically around 70 in the early mornings the bike will start and stay running without the choke. I have to let it run for a few minutes before I can ride it but still no choke to start it is a good indication that it way rich.

Back