need help with front axle collar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
okay I got my new shinko's the other day. like a child I was so excited to mount them up that during the front wheel removal I lost the front axle collar that goes on the right side of the front wheel,between the wheel and the fork leg. I have searched everywhere and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know the part number on that piece and where I can get it or better yet does anyone have a spare they are willing to part with. thanks in advance

Richard

go there: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-motorcycle-v-max-vmx12m-2000/o/m7830

then scroll until you see the box entitled 'front wheel', click on it.

Item No.13 - collar, part No 350819-001 - $6.90

Then do yourself a favor - call Gary McCoy @ Mondak Motorsports on 406 433 6635 and say you're a VMaxForum.net registered user, and get 20% off all parts.

If you're in a hurry your local stealership may have it in stock for twice the price..

I have a few around and even have a couple that I chromed for the exchange service. Unless you wanted a chromed one it would be easier to just get one from your local dealer.

Sean

well I have called every dealership and bike shop in town, nobody has this collar in stock. I guess that means no riding for me this weekend :bang head:, I will have to special order one:confused2:

make your own. It's not rocket science. You want it to take up the difference in the front end. I won't be able to get you any measurements till maybe later unless you want to call in a couple of hours. Maybe someone else here can get the measurements for you. They don't have to be exact but you want to be close on the overall length. Diameter can be big on both the hole and outer dimension (though not too big on the outer dimension).

Sean

If you could get me the measurements on it that would be awesome, I could make one tonight

Thanks
Richard

If no one gets them to you before 3:00 central you can call me and i'll measure one out. I'll be at the shop by then (hopefully).

Sean
316-619-8411

I'm doing Progressive springs and have mine off the bike. O.D.- 1.100, I.D.-.671, length - .908

No prob. If anyone needs any front susp. info my forks are apart waiting on UPS.

Back