need hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdunbar123

Reaction score
may have originally posted in the wrong topic. here is my question:

I am new to the VMAX (07 with 124 original MIles) still doing the breakin. Love horsepower( have a supercharged valk) . what is the best combo of exhoust and carb/filter combo for a quick horsepower boost. and is there a good turbo or charger kit available.

Aftermarket exhaust vendors that will net you good HP gains are: Dale Walker's Holeshot(4-2), Mark's Performance Pipes (4-2 w/ crossover- my fav) and Kerker (4-2-1)
As far as carburetors goes there are jet kits: Dynojet's Stage 7, Morley's Muscle (installed on my bike) then there are also fuel injection (Wild Bros), Flatslides (PCW Racing).
There are vendors that do turbo's and superchargers but the best person to ask about that would be Sean Morley.

Don't forget Hindle exhausts!!

With a full exhaust system and Sean's jet kit you can expect a modest (7-10 hp) gain, although some have seen bigger gains in hp. The only way to make big power is to crack the engine open and go from there.

Yep, shoot me a note and i'll get you some pricing. We are trying to get a turbo kit developed too and hopefully will get it done this winter. I do have a friend (on the board here too) that has a turbo kit available for a great price. I can get you more info on that too.

Email
[email protected]

Sean Morley

Don't forget Hindle exhausts!!

With a full exhaust system and Sean's jet kit you can expect a modest (7-10 hp) gain, although some have seen bigger gains in hp. The only way to make big power is to crack the engine open and go from there.
Gah, sorry about that Jim, I keep thinking that they went out of business for some reason, but I know better. The hindle we installed on Toxic has great workmanship and sounds great!:punk:

I've got a couple of used systems still and even a "used" stage seven kit (not much used on it though). If course we like our Muscle kit lol.

If you really want some serious HP then you need to buy the 1500 lonrod chaindrive engine we have for sale. I can freshen it up and repaint it so it looks as new as your bike is. We even give good trade in credits.

Sean

how many hp are usually doing the different kits ?
I won't speak about the stage 1 :p

I may start to think about it next year, after I finished with the radial conversion.

7-12 HP depending on if adding a Jet kit. This is realistic numbers not made up crap. We've seen as much as 30hp but started with a pretty poor running unit to begin with.

Sean

Back