Need kerker pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinM

Reaction score
Looking for some pics of the kerker single exhaust to see how the primarys are routed, especially the rear cylinders, to see if there are any crossovers and where the y's are. Also I've heard of different size baffles 1, 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 I believe. Are these a slip in silencer or packed core? Thanks! Justin

Looking for some pics of the kerker single exhaust to see how the primarys are routed, especially the rear cylinders, to see if there are any crossovers and where the y's are. Also I've heard of different size baffles 1, 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 I believe. Are these a slip in silencer or packed core? Thanks! Justin

Slip in core from the back... No crossover. They are 4 into 2 into 1.

Best sounding system IMHO...:thumbs up: 1.5" is the stock baffle and 2.5" is an option. 2.5 is the only way to go IMO.

Remember you have to cut off the center stand tabs from the frame which means NO C.S.:bang head:

THIS GUY has a Kerker system! P/M him.

I recommend re-jetting too. Kerker's like a richer setup.

Mark

Here ya go... if you want better quality or any specific angle, let me know. Stock baffle is 1.5" and I now have the 2.5" competition baffle/end cap. I had to cut the competition baffle off a bit to get it to fit.... I'm not sure if this was normal or what, but it works, and I love the sound!

Attachments

• P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010104.jpg
    P1010104.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010105.jpg
    P1010105.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P1010106.jpg
    P1010106.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 68
  • P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 46
Here ya go... if you want better quality or any specific angle, let me know. Stock baffle is 1.5" and I now have the 2.5" competition baffle/end cap. I had to cut the competition baffle off a bit to get it to fit.... I'm not sure if this was normal or what, but it works, and I love the sound!

Those don't do the bike justice... :whistlin:

I C pics have been added...

Oh... maybe just a pic of the connecting joints would be great, the slip on fittings. Justin

Hopefully this is what you are looking for. The headers come attached and all you need to do is assemble the collector pipe to the can.

Attachments

• P1010109.jpg
    P1010109.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010110.jpg
    P1010110.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 60
The headers are one piece?

Yep, it basically comes in 3 pieces, the headers (that are all welded to the collector/junction, then there is the collector pipe that connects to the muffler/can. Here is a picture of it off the bike.... I love google images!

Attachments

• kerker%20pipes.jpg
    kerker%20pipes.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 54
Your my hero.... I can't believe thats the only unions, how do all four primaries stretch out wide enough to fit the cylinder heads without being in seperate pieces? And those are 1 1/2" right?

I have my Kerker system off my bike and in pieces. If you want pictures of all the pieces and how they fit together, let me know and I will post it here.

I think that they are 1 1/4"Stock is 1".

It seems like it would be impossible to mount the headers if they are one piece.

That chrome set looks very good.

That would be much appreciated... ( i think a few of you might know what I'm doing here.....)

That would be much appreciated... ( i think a few of you might know what I'm doing here.....)

Are you trying to build your own Flux Capacitor????

I just went out and measured my Kerker exhaust:

Headers 1.5"
Collector Pipe 2.5"
Muffler/Can 3.5"

I can try to get a few dimensions of the bends if you want. I'm not guarentee they will be spot on, but should be close.

Here are a few shots of the bottom side....

Attachments

• P1010112.jpg
    P1010112.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010113.jpg
    P1010113.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010114.jpg
    P1010114.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 45
Your my hero.... I can't believe thats the only unions, how do all four primaries stretch out wide enough to fit the cylinder heads without being in seperate pieces? And those are 1 1/2" right?

The Kerker pipe is made up of 5 pieces - (1) the 4-2-1 header with front cylinder pipes, (2 & 3) the rear cylinder pipes (X2) connects the exhaust port to the main header, (4) the mid pipe and (5) the exhaust canister.

The main 4-2-1 header is installed 1st, than the two rear cylinder pipes next, than mid pipe and canister.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Attachments

• kerker.jpg
    kerker.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 37
The Kerker pipe is made up of 5 pieces - (1) the 4-2-1 header with front cylinder pipes, (2 & 3) the rear cylinder pipes (X2) connects the exhaust port to the main header, (4) the mid pipe and (5) the exhaust canister.

The main 4-2-1 header is installed 1st, than the two rear cylinder pipes next, than mid pipe and canister.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike, thanks for proving me wrong... DAMN IT! I freaking looked at my bike at least 5 times... I finally pulled out the installation instructions and sure enough there it was... anyway, here is the print showing where the two rear header pipes slide into the front header/collector area. Sorry guys for telling you incorrectly. I installed the pipes less than a year ago... I must be going down hill quick!

Attachments

• kerkerpipes.jpg
    kerkerpipes.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
Mike, thanks for proving me wrong... DAMN IT! I freaking looked at my bike at least 5 times... I finally pulled out the installation instructions and sure enough there it was... anyway, here is the print showing where the two rear header pipes slide into the front header/collector area. Sorry guys for telling you incorrectly. I installed the pipes less than a year ago... I must be going down hill quick!

The reason I remember so well is because the first time I installed the 2 rear pipes, I used muffler cement instead of silicone. Worked great until I went to take them off the bike, holy shit that stuff works good - pretty well had to beat them apart:bang head:

Mike

Here's a madmax sidewinder.

Attachments

• mmax.jpg
    mmax.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back