Need new tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
Right now I have Metzler's, stock wheels. 150 in the back. Don't like them that much, still enough tread but too slippery. Should I look to have 170 in the back? And what are good tires, good in cornering, something that grips good dry or wet. Thanx

Hey there.

I can only comment on what I know:

1.) My old tire was a Dunlop 404. It was a stock 150 size.

2.) Metz 170 in the rear now. Feels a lot stickier and secure. I like it. Looks a lot better too.

Read the thread on Shinko tires. I've got 'em on my '85 and am very pleased!

Right now I have Metzler's, stock wheels. 150 in the back. Don't like them that much, still enough tread but too slippery. Should I look to have 170 in the back? And what are good tires, good in cornering, something that grips good dry or wet. Thanx

I know a guy that drag races with his 880... :worthy:

It's a touring tire. You give up stick for mileage and vice versa...

Chris

I don't know any more. Yes it is not that sticky ,had some nice problems with it already. It gets scary sometimes. Shinkos? I will have to read about them. Just one question guys, 170 or 150 in the back? Does it really help? Thanx

I don't know any more. Yes it is not that sticky ,had some nice problems with it already. It gets scary sometimes. Shinkos? I will have to read about them. Just one question guys, 170 or 150 in the back? Does it really help? Thanx

Purely looks as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Back