Need some feedback on Fork Springs, Please...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbeast

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my fork springs since I get the Fork clunk everytime I drive over the railroad tracks or pull in my driveway.

I'm Wondering whether I should get the Race Techs or the Progressive. I weigh a about 240 lbs and I don't really rod on the max all that much. Occassionally when my friends I ride with think that their Hardley will beat me, I'll put them in their place, but I don't ever intend on drag racing.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will I need to take out the dampener if I just want to replace the springs, the oil seals, the oil, and dust seals?

I'm looking to upgrade my fork springs since I get the Fork clunk everytime I drive over the railroad tracks or pull in my driveway.

I'm Wondering whether I should get the Race Techs or the Progressive. I weigh a about 240 lbs and I don't really rod on the max all that much. Occassionally when my friends I ride with think that their Hardley will beat me, I'll put them in their place, but I don't ever intend on drag racing.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will I need to take out the dampener if I just want to replace the springs, the oil seals, the oil, and dust seals?

To replace the springs all you have to do is remove the forks take the top cap off the forks dump the oil and forks out, and insert new spring and spacer cut to the correct length...

I HIGHLY recommend the Race-Tech straight rate springs but the Progressives are good too. Add a little 15 or 20wt oil and you are good to go.

Check out THIS link.:banana:

Thanks man, I found where I can get the 1.0 race techs for $96 or $98 ( can't remember right now, Pretty sure I will go with those though. I was just unsure about replacing the oil seals. I'm not gonna go with the emulators or cartridges, but I don't want to have to remove the dampener rod if I don't have to to replace those two seals. I do have to replace the dust seals as they are both cracked.

I won't need to pressurize the forks with the race techs either will i?

Back