Need your wisdom, again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i know itll be a money pit, but if i was too worried about that i woulda never bought a v-max. Im gonna do a few things to the bike to get it where i want it and leave it be.

The rockers have some surface rust, but can be cleaned up and fixed without too much trouble. the bed is an easy fix. the biggest job will be the floor pans. And yes chris, if i get it, over the winter i plan on doing major preventative rust measures. they make a paint you can apply directly over rust to keep it from getting any worse, so ill probably use that on every nook and cranny on the underside. Rhino line the bed and floorboards, paint the dash, and spot paint where i need to fix the surface rust on the rockers.

Other than what ive said and a new set of tires, i dont plan on doing too much to it untill its paid for, then ill probably swap for the diesel.

Im a big kid at heart and want a new toy

Yeah i know itll be a money pit, but if i was too worried about that i woulda never bought a v-max. Im gonna do a few things to the bike to get it where i want it and leave it be.

The rockers have some surface rust, but can be cleaned up and fixed without too much trouble. the bed is an easy fix. the biggest job will be the floor pans. And yes chris, if i get it, over the winter i plan on doing major preventative rust measures. they make a paint you can apply directly over rust to keep it from getting any worse, so ill probably use that on every nook and cranny on the underside. Rhino line the bed and floorboards, paint the dash, and spot paint where i need to fix the surface rust on the rockers.

Other than what ive said and a new set of tires, i dont plan on doing too much to it untill its paid for, then ill probably swap for the diesel.

Im a big kid at heart and want a new toy

sounds like u have a plan bud... i think doing the preventive stuff is a good call, then waiting to do what you really want until its paid off....

Thank you firewrench. Its not what im looking for though. I would probably have 5 times the rust work than the one im looking at, even if it dosnt look like so in the pictures.

This guy called me today, and asked me what my plans were. I told him im taking friday off (week from today) to sign the loan papers and will head over saturday to check it out. My buddy is going to take me in his truck and pull his tow dolley behind us in case something happens. His truck is just as likely to break down LOL!

Anyway, he got all pissy with me because i wouldnt just send him the money now and come get it. I had originally asked him to hold it for me if i sent him a non refundable depost. but fuck that.

He relisted it on ebay for i think the 4th time, you can see it here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

Just tires alone is gonna cost me over 500$ so if he dosnt go down to 3500 then fuck him.

i feel like i have a one up on this fucker now, you can tell hes desperate and hes losing his ass on it and dosnt like it. Buy hey not my problem, im not the idiot who payed 2,000$ more than its worth!

There ya go. It's only worth what YOU will pay for it. If he has attitude after seeing your cash, walk away.
Good luck sir.

Latest posts

Back